Colorado 2021 Snowmageddon Pig Prep (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventuretoolcompany.com
Prepped the "Working Pig" for the 2021 Snowmageddon.....Checked the fluids, hydraulics, took it town to top the tank and have a coffee before the end of the world hits with 5 - 6 feet of snow.....yawn.......(not).....

62CD5FEE-025F-4BB4-9818-A9C3A181F5D8.jpeg

Is that a Western plow? Bought a used one here in Arizona well over fifteen years ago. Plan was to install on a 40 after I retired to use around the cabin. Been retired a number of years ago but wasn't retired in 2009 the last time having a plow would have been worth while. Debated which 40 to use as hate welding on or drilling holes in a rust free frame. Have enough parts and parts cruisers to make one to put it on and call it yard art.

Is that a Western plow? Bought a used one here in Arizona well over fifteen years ago. Plan was to install on a 40 after I retired to use around the cabin. Been retired a number of years ago but wasn't retired in 2009 the last time having a plow would have been worth while. Debated which 40 to use as hate welding on or drilling holes in a rust free frame. Have enough parts and parts cruisers to make one to put it on and call it yard art.

It is a western. Still has the cable control system (which parts are no longer availble for.....) Fun story about this old Pig. It came with our house and I have the orginal paperwork of when it was purchased new in 1975 and started out white over red....the plow was put on about 6 months later and has been on it ever since. It started plowing in the Sierra's and now lives in the Rockies. Would love a 40 but, everything on the Eastern front is either rusted to death or costs $$$$$$$ or both. Goodluck with your projects!

Last edited:
I hope we get as much snow as they predict.
I remember getting stuck at DIA for a couple days in 2003 when the front range got dumped on by like 30+" of snow.

Good luck and have fun, We want all the snow down here in C/S but it looks like you'll be having all the fun!

It is a western. Still has the cable control system (which parts are no longer availble for.....) Fun story about this old Pig. It came with our house and I have the orginal paperwork of when it was purchased new in 1975 and started out white over red....the plow was put on about 6 months later and has been on it ever since. It started plowing in the Sierra's and now lives in the Rockies. Would love a 40 but, everything on the Eastern front is either rusted to death or costs $$$$$$$ or both. Goodluck with your projects!

My has is controlled by hydraulics with a cab mount joystick.

Does the A pillar tag say it's a 75? Vent window ended with the 73 model from what I find. Turn signal is also pre 75.

We had very little snow in Central Wyoming last winter and it was very strange. It dropped below 0 in the fall them warmed up to the 60 with a lot of wind that sandblasted the house. I don't think my Wife had to start the tractor at all during the winter to clear snow. Other years she can spend hours with the JD3033r moving snow after a storm. At least she had the since to order it with a climate controlled cab.

Last edited:
Wow, I miss those days. Winters on the front slope just aren't what they used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom