SOLD Colorado: 1997 LHD HDJ80, 1HD-FT Diesel, 3x Locked, 5-speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
gray
1997 Left Hand Drive HDJ80 from Europe. I bought this in France from the original owner. Currently shows about 313,000km’s (195,000 miles)

Color is Moonglow Pearl /Gray metallic, code 1A6

1HD-FT 24-valve diesel motor

H151 5-speed transmission

Full-time 4WD

Differential locks front, rear, and center

Air conditioning

Extra fuel tank (it’s a Toyota sub-tank and parts, but it’s a retrofit by the PO, i.e. not original to this car)

Power windows

Power mirrors

Rear defroster

Rear wiper

Rear heat

Manually adjusted cloth seats (seats have been recovered. Nice, but not OEM)

Looks like it probably had 3rd row seats when new, but I didn’t get them so they’re not included

Air bags

No ABS

No sunroof or roof rack

No flares (came from the factory that way)

Comes with original owner’s manual (in French)

Tool kit, but no jack

The EGR system on the motor has been disabled by the PO. Comes with all removed parts.

Motor otherwise unmodified from original

2 new batteries (maybe 4 months old at this point)

Timing belt replaced about 36,000km’s ago (Toyota recommend 100k intervals, so a ways to go)

Comes with all 5 original steel wheels—plus 4x new Cooper 235/85R16 and 1x zero miles 235/85R16 Pirelli spare (other wheel/tire options are available if the buyer's interested)

Car shows normal signs of wear for being 25 years old—some paint fade, some clear coat flaking, a couple of minor dings and scrapes here and there, but overall very presentable.

Not rusty. Some normal surface corrosion on chassis components, but the body is pretty solid.

Has OME 2” lift and OME Nitro shocks

Snorkel

Probably more I'm forgetting.

I’ve been driving this one more or less daily since I got it. I’ve put maybe 2k miles on it with no problems whatsoever. Drove it home to Colorado after picking it up at the port in California. It’s a 25 year old car, but for what it’s worth, I’d get in it today and drive it anywhere in the US without worry.

I bought this with the intention of swapping the sub-tank setup into my other HDJ80, but I’ve been way too busy to do it, so I’ll just sell this one with the sub-tank included and find another one when I have more time.

I only have a couple photos of it for the time being, but I’ll post a bunch more over the weekend. If there’s anything in particular anyone wants/needs to see, just let me know and I’ll get pics. Also happy to answer any questions.

Asking $36,000. PM if interested.

IMG_9756.JPG
IMG_9757.JPG
IMG_9728.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom