SOLD Colorado 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ77 RHD 1HZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
Yellow
It's a sad day. I need to sell our 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ77. We recently purchased a home over on the Western Slope of Colorado and we've inherited a few more problems with it than we expected. It needs all new plumbing and some slab leveling work. Long story short the Land Cruiser needs to go so we can do these home repairs. It's an incredible truck. I purchased it from a fellow i8Hmud member. It's well documented and much loved. Since my ownership I've done a fair amount of work on it. Just recently I replaced all front end suspension/sway bar bushings. The truck has just over 100,901 miles 162,385 KM on it and runs like a top. The 4x4 both high and low work perfectly. Automatic shifts great. Almost brand new Toyo Open Country MT tires on it. The roof rack is bomber and ready for a roof top tent with custom cross bars. I also have a full length awning for it. It starts up great, even in these cold desert winter mornings. I just let it idle for a bit before taking off. The diesel injection pump has been adjusted and it's pretty much eliminated any black smoke on hard acceleration. I installed an EGT gauge in an OEM opening in the dash to easily monitor. I recently imported the OEM rear tire carrier from Saudi Arabia and installed it in the OEM mounted holes. The body and frame are in great shape. The previous owner loved this truck also, he did a bunch of mechanical work on it while he owned it. Items are listed below.

Recent Services: All service done using genuine Toyota Parts I bought either from Cruiser Outfitters (UT) or Valley Cruisers (CA) or local Toyota Dealer. 2020 water pump, timing belt and associated oil seals, New upper and lower radiator hoses, Coolant Flush, new thermostat and seal, valve cover gasket, intake plenum gasket, fuel filter, Full front end knuckle rebuild ( all seals, wipers and bearings) , front diff. fluid. 2019 Hydraulic Oil changed in front and rear diffs, transfer case, PTO box, Oil and Filter Change, Brand New Toyo Open Country Tires. 2017-2018 (based on info from previous owner) Two brand new Optima Batteries (720 CCA each), electric front hubs replaced with more reliable Aisin mechanical units, front brake pads, rotors, calipers, rear pads and rotors.

As for known issues they are described below.

Known issues: Front passenger window switch ( in the driver side cluster ) only works in the "down" position, the passenger side switch works perfectly, small crack in the dash pad, Rust areas are: 1" surface bubbling area by the sunroof, small cavity under the side step, under right rear door, around the skirt drain hole and a 1" spot on the rear diver side wheel arch, where the rubber bumper moulding is attached.

I've attached a few photos of the Cruiser below. Mostly glamour shots. I can take many more photos if you need. I just wanted to get it listed ASAP due to these needed home repairs. Please feel free to message me with any questions. I'm located in Grand Junction, CO right by the Colorado National Monument. Thanks!

-Tyler

Asking price is $19,500

_DSC6235 (3).jpeg
_DSC6220 (2).jpeg

_DSC6072 (1).jpeg

_DSC6223 (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for following up @tylerhardie . Congrats on the sale, and thank you for providing me the opportunity to better gauge labor/parts on these vehicles. I'm new to the forum, and continuing to learn from those here..

I did not mean to be incendiary with those comments, I asked merely to inquire as an interested party.

Best,
Ross

I know you no longer have this car, but do you have any info on the wheels that were on it? Looking to purchase a similar set for my LJ78, thanks!

“Thanks for all of the comments and interest. The bump in price is totally justified”.
—————————————————————————————
Thats what you gotta love about ‘MUD Classifieds. It’s hard to see why this seller or any seller for that matter needs to “justify” any price. I’m sure every entrepreneur gets out of bed in the morning hoping that he or she can “break even” that day.
😊

I know you no longer have this car, but do you have any info on the wheels that were on it? Looking to purchase a similar set for my LJ78, thanks!

They look like SCS F5's. Nice wheels with correct backspacing. Been a few sets mounted on LJs

Thank you for all the replies! I've seen those SCS wheels and would love a set for my LJ78 and 4Runner, but they are sadly sold out. I know a Japanese company sells a similar set, but can't recall the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom