Color question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm preparing to repaint my fiberglass cap back to it's original white. Painted it gray back in the 90s and it's definitely time for a change. My question is was this piece under the visor originally white from the factory or body color? Most of the pictures I see show it white but a few have it a different color, just wondering which is correct. Thanks!

Apologies to Green Bean for stealing his photo for my own nefarious purposes. 😅

Hard Top Visor.2.jpg

If that's the piece that's riveted on, I'd wager it was white...but purely from a manufacturing standpoint. The driprail is white, and I can't see Uncle Toyota masking and shooting two colors or painting then assembling.

Mine was white on white, so it doesn't help much. :rofl:

If that's the piece that's riveted on, I'd wager it was white...but purely from a manufacturing standpoint. The driprail is white, and I can't see Uncle Toyota masking and shooting two colors or painting then assembling.

Mine was white on white, so it doesn't help much. :rofl:
For what it is worth, I chose to back with white (T012 Cygnus White).

All of mine are white, Kevin.

White it is then. Truly is easier this way from a paint and prep standpoint. If my headliner install goes as planned, I'll be spraying it this weekend. Thanks for your wisdom everyone! Cheers 🍺

White it is then. Truly is easier this way from a paint and prep standpoint. If my headliner install goes as planned, I'll be spraying it this weekend. Thanks for your wisdom everyone! Cheers 🍺
Please keep us posted on the headliner install and mounting your top. We are on the same track and hope to have ours back from the painter any day now. Not particularly looking forward to the headliner.

Please keep us posted on the headliner install and mounting your top. We are on the same track and hope to have ours back from the painter any day now. Not particularly looking forward to the headliner.
That's why I'm tackling the headliner first. The top is off right now and if I carefully flip it over, it will be much easier to get the headliner in perfectly with gravity helping. Once it sets, flip it, mask, sand and paint. I'm just using rattle cans for mine, Krylon fusion in gloss white. I'm probably the only former professional painter out there who actually prefers spray paint. 5 or 6 coats mimics the stock gel coat look extremely well once it cures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom