Colombian FZJ73 W/Dana 60…. Looking For Axle Spline Count (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this isn’t a common setup on here as they were only used for a limited time on the 70 Series out of Colombia and Venezuela. I’m trying to determine the spline count on the axles that are run in these.

Any help on this info will be greatly appreciated!!!

MM

Hello,

The differential gear ratio on these trucks is 4.11 : 1. I think this translates to a spline count of 37 and 9, but I am not completely sure about this.

I do know for sure that the ratio is 4.11 : 1.

Toyota uses it because of the topography. You can go from sea level to mountains (9000 ft to 12000 ft on the average) to jungle (600 ft - 300 ft on average) in a single drive, so every bit of power counts.

There should be a small plate in one of the lower differential cover bolts, with the gear ratio. If it is missing, rest assured it is 4.11 : 1. Mechanics in that part of the world tend to lose these parts when servicing the differential.

Hope this helps.

By the way, the brake parts are Toyota. And you can use any drum with an inside diameter of 297 mm / 11.7 in.

Juan

Last edited:
Juan,

You are right, it is definitely 4.11s. My diff is open and I want to install a rear locker but I need to know the spline count to order the correct one. I could crack mine open to check the axle spline but just figured some one here might know from experience. I read a few post on the ol internet, all taken with a grain of salt, and it was stated that they were 35 spline and all the Colombian and Venezuela Dana 60s from 1993 and on used C clips.

I’m gonna send you a PM on the Drums.

I have one of these s***box axles torn to shreds right now. Will confirm spline count in AM.
Thank you kind sir !!!!

35 spline.

image.jpg

Thanks!!!!! Seems to be to consensus that 35 spline was the standard axle in these and C clips from 1993 and newer

Am I correct that the studs here are for holding the axle back plate on which means no C clips ?

uUjB8bY.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom