coleman all in one... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any of you guyz seen this?
Im curious about the dimensions, but it seems like a pretty cool unit.
Im trying to consolidate the cooking equipment to a grill/ stove combo to squeeze into my FJ40.

Cabela's -- Coleman® Signature Series All-in-One Cook System

Coming from wheeling a 60 series, Im really having to trim down for space constraints.

If anyone has any other space saving ideas, please feel free to post em up.

Keith

looks like a nice set up----

Personally I like the larger stoves. You can cook two differnt things at once. But I also usually camp with 5 people and I need the room for larger meals.

Another similar option
Safari Chef

No experience with either one but I like the concept of less gear. However, I have rarely seen a multifunction anything that did all the functions well.

There is another coleman that is a larger unit that has a grill AND a single burner stove. However, the wife is concerned that she wont be able to cook breakfast AND COFFEE at the same time....soooooo....Ill have to get probably one of these multi units and a small single burner for coffee. Probably a backpacking stove. Women have a tendency to really "F" up packing light plans!!!
That being said....if the wife isnt happy....You married guys know how the rest goes.:D

Its too bad they dont have smaller units for grill/ stove combos.

Rusty...that is very similar to how the coleman appears, however I like how the propane plugs into the bottom vs. off the side with an adapter. The DOME tops make both units less than ideal for packing neatly though.

Do they make a griddle that you can use on the GRILL surface!?!?!?!
If they do, then that would be the best option for the OTHER coleman grill stove combo.

Do they make a griddle that you can use on the GRILL surface!?!?!?!
If they do, then that would be the best option for the OTHER coleman grill stove combo.

I use a cast iron griddle on my BBQ all the time.

I use a cast iron griddle on my BBQ all the time.

On your camp grill?
Or your home?

Donno what the difference would be though...may have to do an experiment....

Ever see one of these?

Brunton Profile Duo™ Range/Grill Combo

Has a grill and a burner but seems to fold up into a relatively small package.

just saw the other coleman stove you referenced, similar and can be found for about the same cost

Ever see one of these?

Brunton Profile Duo™ Range/Grill Combo

Has a grill and a burner but seems to fold up into a relatively small package.

just saw the other coleman stove you referenced, similar and can be found for about the same cost

OOOOOO! That one is a bit slimmer vertically.
Very nice find! I bookmarked that link.

Thanks for posting it up.

On your camp grill?
Or your home?

Both actually, I do snapper with Old Bay on the big grill since it get hot so much faster. I also do pancakes on the big grill because nothing beats a griddle for cooking pancakes.

Here are some pictures from the first time I tried cooking with the camp grill.

Any of this gear look familiar? BTW I have a new burner from a small Charbroil patio grill that I plan to install in the camp BBQ, it should make that thing scream.
Dscn2242.jpg

Meats on
Dscn2243.jpg

The finished product
Dscn2248.jpg

Any of you guyz seen this?
Im curious about the dimensions, but it seems like a pretty cool unit.
Im trying to consolidate the cooking equipment to a grill/ stove combo to squeeze into my FJ40.

Cabela's -- Coleman® Signature Series All-in-One Cook System

Coming from wheeling a 60 series, Im really having to trim down for space constraints.

If anyone has any other space saving ideas, please feel free to post em up.

Keith

I have one, only its red. Got it from Sam's Club. The wife did all of the cooking on it during our last trip. She really liked it a lot. That was good enough endorsement for me.

I have one, only its red. Got it from Sam's Club. The wife did all of the cooking on it during our last trip. She really liked it a lot. That was good enough endorsement for me.

Most important endorsement!

Check out camp chef, I beleive the raineer version. Just bought one, its great!!

Look into that as well! Thanks for the recommendation!

I might have to go check this out in person. Cabela's is right down the road from me.

On your camp grill?
Or your home?

I've used griddles above both my Coleman white gas stove, MSR backpacking stove, and my Olympian 4100 propane grill. 2 MSR backpacking stoves would be better and provide better heat distribution. Also you need to support the griddle with some sort of legs. I use bent wire saw horses I made with some heavy gauge steel wire. I've also used my waffle iron with all of the above stoves and grill. I have yet to use the wok with the grill, but it should be possible.

Looking at the specs, the Coleman's burner seems a bit anemic at 5,000 BTU. The Brunton has a burner at 12,000 and the grill is 10,000.

Neither one get real good reviews.

Looking at the specs, the Coleman's burner seems a bit anemic at 5,000 BTU. The Brunton has a burner at 12,000 and the grill is 10,000.

Neither one get real good reviews.

HMMMMM..:hmm:
Where do you find reviews for this stuff?

HMMMMM..:hmm:
Where do you find reviews for this stuff?

Agreed...5kbtu is very very light output for that type of stove (assuming the rating is accurate...which most are not :rolleyes:). Throw a little wind at it and you'll really want something more, as stated above, in the 10kbtu minimum; 5k btu is a little light for indoors use.

I have this one and after I modded the pan grates (they now sit lower to keep the burner more protected...talk to me about this if you decide to go this route Keith) I've used it on all trips this year when the KK wasn't following including fishing and hunting forays and its still in my garage waiting for the next trip ;) .

Coleman Fold n Go

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=5442AA50&categoryid=2010&brand=

Agreed...5kbtu is very very light output for that type of stove (assuming the rating is accurate...which most are not :rolleyes:). Throw a little wind at it and you'll really want something more, as stated above, in the 10kbtu minimum; 5k btu is a little light for indoors use.

I have this one and after I modded the pan grates (they now sit lower to keep the burner more protected...talk to me about this if you decide to go this route Keith) I've used it on all trips this year when the KK wasn't following including fishing and hunting forays and its still in my garage waiting for the next trip ;) .

Coleman Fold n Go

Coleman - PerfectFlow InstaStart Fold N Go 2-Burner Stove -

Dan,
I had been eyeballing those units for a couple years, even with the Blotch rig. I had never seen one in person, but they seemed to be a neat idea albeit sort of "thick" to to bottom. They do have those in a grill as well.
In the cargo area of my 40, I plan on doing a divided platform similar to Rusty's rig, where one side will be camp gear and the other fluids and parts. If I could SEE the coleman unit you have and take a measurement, that would be great to determine the amount of space it takes. If I could stack em one on top of the other...Might re consider that.

Thanks for the info.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom