Cold start problem 87 fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My name is Trey and I am 17 years old. I am a aspiring photographer and outdoorsman. I love camping and Nature in itself. I bought a 1987 land cruiser, that I named Lou. My cruiser sat for nearly ten years across the road from where my grandparents live. having no idea about the vehicle, i still wanted to buy it. so i went to the owners house. the owner was a old coon hunter who had a bad back and foot, so he could no longer hunt so the cruiser sat. i asked him if he would sell it or tell me about it, he told me that he didnt want to sell but would be interested in telling me about it. he said over 30 people had asked to buy it within the ten years and he couldnt part with it. after about an hour of talking with the man about the life he lived in cruiser, he said "I like you, I would have to have atleast 1500." so I bought Lou. then started my Cruiser Craze. Lou has 223k miles and a pretty good amount of rust, but i have been doing body work and upgrades to extend the life of my cruiser. I recently bought a new radiator and battery and did a tuneup and seat upholstery fixes etc just odds and ends but i have a problem when i try start Lou in the morning she fires up then dies right away, but will run if i run her up to 2500 rpms and let off. and if i take off right away instead of letting her warm up she jumps really bad when givin gas and wont go past 2000 rpms in second gear. please help thanks guys.

2015-04-22 20.07.23.jpg

Sounds like some manner of carb issue....I'm on the front end of the learning curve too so won't pretend to give advice, but I have no doubt you'll quickly get some useful info here.
Anyway, great looking cruiser and welcome. You must present yourself well to impress an old coon hunter who has already been offered up dozens of times. Says a lot about you. Well done!

Cool story. Change the fuel filter and run some Seafoam through it. Run ethanol free premium gasoline in it if you can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom