cold axx run? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
During our last meeting we had many discussions, including the possibility of doing a cold run mid November to Frank Slide.

Just checking to see if there's interest, and with the powers to see if this is a thing.

Why do you plan s*** when I rip my truck apart haha

Im game if the old girl is back together.

Canadian rock crawling? Is it easier to get over the rocks with snow on them? Kidding; would be
fun to go there again.

Canadian rock crawling? Is it easier to get over the rocks with snow on them? Kidding; would be
fun to go there again.

I heard it was a good run!

So there's interest, that's good. We threw around the ideas of
Camping or staying at a lodge there as well.

depending on timing I could be in for such a thing... Its a cool area. IT should be noted though the ghost town we used to go to is now protected from wheeled traffic. You can hike back to it though...

depending on timing I could be in for such a thing... Its a cool area. IT should be noted though the ghost town we used to go to is now protected from wheeled traffic. You can hike back to it though...

how about the weekend of the 12th, it's rememberance day.
I'd like to go check out the ghost town. wheeled or not wheeled; wheeled you mean you car, I presume if one rides a bicycle there no problem, right?

I won't be able to participate. I know I was the excited guy at the meeting but a recent family situation demands I stay close to home for the next while. Hopefully you all make a trip of it. Was a great area last time I was there.

BAMBINO is out, Birckman seems to be out as well.

Any interest from anyone for NOV12; for a trip to Frank Slide?

Eric, I no longer know how to try to make you happy :(

bahaha, its a tough gig buddy!
I have always wanted to head down that way too...

I guess we have a friend coming into town that weekend too so we are getting together friday with them.

Is this a 3 day run for sure? including all travel time.

Last edited:
bahaha, its a tough gig buddy!
I have always wanted to head down that way too...

I guess we have a friend coming into town that weekend too so we are getting together friday with them.

Is this a 3 day run for sure? including all travel time.

bring your friends!

Like all things Land Cruiser, I may be no expert... but I hear It's 6 hours driving down to there. So the plan was to drive, sleep, wake up and drive and explore, wheel etc. then we could program a short activity sunday and drive back. If we leave at noon we're back in Edmonton by 6 or so.

That was the plan the way I understood it. I suppose if there's interest we could leave it for November 18th, depending who can take time off of work that Friday (I probably can).

Ah yeah thats a bit of a drive. I could leave at like 5am and try to catch up but that sucks.

On another note, I fail... Totally forgot about my oil leak. Hoping to look at it tonight and if its nothing major have it fixed asap. Hopefully its not a rear main because then I'm out for sure.

I should stay in town the 12th weekend, but work schedule is pretty flexible again. Those would be some cold nights for sure!

one final push, before I drop this...

What's the consensus: the 12th seemed prudent as it's remembrance day, if that day doesn't work there's interest we can try for the 18th. With temperatures and the time line of the trip lodging seems easier.

Jason, Arnott, and Birck seemed 50-50.

Dean is out and no feedback from the other usual suspects.

Im out. Truck has no interior right now, and the leak looks like its the lower arch seal. Too much work for me to tackle before that weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom