Cold air intake? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it possible to rig up a cold air intake on a 1993 FZJ80? Anybody done it? Pictures? Thanks!

The stock intake is a "cold air intake", it draws from the coolest place under the hood.

Cold air intake? If you can't eliminate your EGR valve (because of smog checks), then your smog pump is injecting hot exhaust directly into your intake. I did the BB bypass method while eliminating the smog pump belt on my 92 and it responds/performs much better in the heat of summer. Colder intake temps for sure, my 92 loves it.

Okay, thanks. I'm just trying to improve gas mileage the best I can. The cruiser is my daily driver so it kicks my butt on gas:eek: Any other methods or remedies to help out my MPG?

That is easy, get some 195/65R15 tires and have them mounted on one of these::hillbilly:
toyota_prius.jpg

Waste of time and money to try and squeeze MPGs out of a heavy vehicle with AWD and aerodynamics of a box.

80's come from the factory with a Cold Air Intake. The inlet is in the fender, not in the engine compartment. Plenty of threads on the board. As said above, the only way to improve is by adding a snorkel, which will give you cooler air in the summer, but reduce any gains from the drop in aerodynamics.

:cheers:

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom