coils on the road! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Threads
I got it all together today and drove 'er around. From the brief ride (fuel delivery problems, see other post) it rides way better than leafs in the front. That was the big issue on this truck. No bump steer, no wierd steering, pretty cool all around except it doesn't flex all that well. The rears are still really stiff, the shocks are too short and I think the control arms are binding, as I knew they would. If it bugs me too much on the trail I'll try a wristed arm.

Gumby, that looks really cool, did you fab all the parts yourself or did you use FJ80 parts. I'd be really interested to learn more about the conversion, ie parts and materials required what you'd do differently next time :G

Gus - I used many 80 parts. Very few needed to be fabbed from scratch. I'll write it all up when I make sure it works on the open road. It was fairly easy. Easier, I think, than a leaf SOA, but not necessarily a replacement for it. they both have very different advantages.

Woody - Tires are next after I recover from taxes. I hope to get a set of very aggresive 35" tires on 16" steel rims that will fit all three rigs for now. Then it's off to Attica for desructive testing. I need to find what's the weak link. :D

That's a nice-clean looking ride! Look forward to the write-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom