Coil spacer for lx570 without an AHC bleed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This may be stupid but there’s no thread in these that I found while searching. I came across them while looking for some coil spacers that could be delivered quickly.

These coil spacers supposedly stiffen up a front spring on a tundra.

Thoughts on how this would interact with AHC?

CSS-1069 | Coil SumoSprings for various applications | 0.69 inch inner wall height Amazon product ASIN B009JC42P4
48AB7F11-13C6-4C43-A6FF-534A8AAC9D39.jpeg

Ive seen these and their other products look quality to me.

Im not sure how it would pair but that i think depends on how far above standard weight you are up front. If you are stiffening things without a bumper or batteries etc it may be a bit floaty as AHC wont be putting down the same road holding force since the pressure is relieved on it. I would try it out though i dont see any harm in it.

Don't kill me for this idea. But what would be the downside of cutting an OEM spacer in half so it can be slid in without removing the AHC line? Assuming the front strut will even drop down enough with the AHC line in place to put the spacer. Looks like probably no?

PXL_20220111_045425744.jpg

I don't know anything about these, but it's been brought up before and someone who usually knows what they are talking about said not to use them.

I don't know anything about these, but it's been brought up before and someone who usually knows what they are talking about said not to use them.

I would listen to this then.

This brand is a super compliant material and not like locking up coils though so it may be different.

Don't kill me for this idea. But what would be the downside of cutting an OEM spacer in half so it can be slid in without removing the AHC line? Assuming the front strut will even drop down enough with the AHC line in place to put the spacer. Looks like probably no?

View attachment 2906210
Wouldn't work. Even with it cut in half you'd need to find a way to slide the holes in the spacer over the studs and there won't be enough clearance between the hydraulic line limiting how much you can drop the strut, and the strut cup on the frame limiting access around those studs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom