Coil/plug wires for TBI kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m doing an AFI TBI kit on my 78 2f. I got the ECM controlled dizzy and matching coil. I’m having the damndest time trying to find the wire to go from the coil to the dizzy. Everything is either too short and/or the wrong connector at the coil end. As far as I can tell it’s essentially a spark plug connection at the coil. Check out the pics. Anyone have any experience or suggestions?
5CB285A3-D26B-4145-8E66-39BA6F64035A.jpeg

Call AFI - they are pretty good about answering questions about things like this. I had a regular coil with mine - from what vehicle/application is that coil?

Call AFI - they are pretty good about answering questions about things like this. I had a regular coil with mine - from what vehicle/application is that coil?

Good question. I called afi. Got a generic answer that wasn’t particularly helpful. Every other question has been answered thoroughly. Guy must have been having an off day. Either way...I ordered a Taylor coil wire kit. Looks promising. Will report back.

I'll probably be in the same boat - I have the AFI kit, but not planning to install just yet.

Summit Racing (and likely others) have coil wire kits so you can trim the length and put on the appropriate end connectors. A search for "coil wires" brought up many choices.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

Reporting back for those who care...

I ended up grabbing this coil wire kit from summit: Taylor Coil Wire Kits 45409

I also grabbed these crimpers: Amazon product ASIN B000CPZZQM
I used what looked like a spark plug clip and boot on the coil end and the smallest dizzy cap boot and connector on the other end. It worked like a charm.

In related news: I got everything in the AFI kit to the point of "done enough" to turn it over. The motor roared to life on the first crank and ran like a sewing machine - better than it ever has for me. So satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom