Coil pack? Help diagnose (resolved) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting. I lost that same coil pack first as well.

Received them today and got to work:

The one one on top with the sticker is the new one from Rockauto. View attachment 2866292
Looks genuine. But I've seen more than one counterfeit that did.

First 3 clues I look for, before inspect coil itself:
Box it came should have small piece of fiber tape securing lid.
Sealed plastic bag that holds coil, will warning sticker.
Denso sticker on top of coil, peels off, to reveal a different number.
Denso.jpeg

Last edited:
Received them today and got to work:

The one one on top with the sticker is the new one from Rockauto. View attachment 2866292

About to buy a set from Rock Auto--- so did these meet all the anti-knockoff criteria of a taped box with each in a sealed bag. Did you peel back the sticker to see if there was a Denso tag with number under it? The machined off section is like they were back when I do not think there were so many Denso product knock-offs.

Probably too soon to tell if they are holding up.

About to buy a set from Rock Auto--- so did these meet all the anti-knockoff criteria of a taped box with each in a sealed bag. Did you peel back the sticker to see if there was a Denso tag with number under it? The machined off section is like they were back when I do not think there were so many Denso product knock-offs.

Yes. I have had mine in for about 10 months and they are performing as designed.

Yes. I have had mine in for about 10 months and they are performing as designed.

Thanks- I will pull the trigger.
After hearing about bogus Denso coil packs I was a bit worried that Rock Auto could have easily overlooked that they may have put some in their supply chain.

They have to keep track of a huge number of parts- and how would a customer convince them that what they sent is bogus.

I was thinking very hard of spending the extra (lots) money to buy from a Dealer.

Thanks- I will pull the trigger.
After hearing about bogus Denso coil packs I was a bit worried that Rock Auto could have easily overlooked that they may have put some in their supply chain.

They have to keep track of a huge number of parts- and how would a customer convince them that what they sent is bogus.

I was thinking very hard of spending the extra (lots) money to buy from a Dealer.
I guess you can peal back the stickers when you get them to double check...you can always return them if you are not satisfied.

I did not peel back the sticker on the coil but the box was sealed. They look legit.
F59B6AAD-1B02-455B-977E-5CF2FCBBEF04.jpeg
23AD7356-BEF4-4D8C-B8B7-3D14CFA26F1B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom