Coil/leaf and shock combos. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Post up what works for you, be it just replacing those old sagging components with oem or upgrading to various lifts. I spent hours on other forums before I parted with my hard earned money and after research, thought we might save future members some time here.

For instance;
2001 4runner with severely sagging coils riding just above the bump stops. I was looking for a mild lift (2") and an extra 500 pounds of load capacity. After research, this is what came up with...
OME 880 coils in the front.
OME 906 coils rear.
Paired with Bilstein 5100's
The 5100's have 2 options (which the installer will have to choose from).
I opted for the F4-BE5-D558-TO for the front due to it was toted as having a better wiper seal. These are ride height adjustable and I chose the middle circlip position.
For the rears, it was a toss up, I went with the longer 4R5100's as they were advertised as being "A little softer valved"

Ride is awesome and the just under 3" over what I had is exactly what I was looking for.
002.JPG
005.JPG

Before and after....
001.JPG
006.JPG

To be installed in the next month or so:

'03 Tacoma regular cab. King coil overs/shocks front and rear. I was seriously frustrated at the lack of aftermarket leaf spring options for a regular cab first gen so I'm going to try the Tacoma World Old Man Dave solution. Build a spring pack out of the original springs combined with junkyard leafs. In this case springs out of a Dodge Dakota. Guys reported excellent results trying this. Should be interesting.

Thanks Splits !

I hit the bump stops when I back out of the garage and springs and shocks are planned as a late summer project.

On my 1998 4Runner -
Front:
Old Man Emu 2881 Coils
Old Man Emu 90004 NitroCharger Shocks

Rear:
Old Man Emu 2890 Coils
Old Man Emu 60027 NitroCharger Sport Rear Shocks

Absolutely loved the way it rode, and looked pretty good. Was rocking 265/75/16's. Miss that truck...

1653907_727891970588739_1702828562_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom