COG for automotive lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the center of gravity of a 200 for putting on a lift?

Of course I‘ve given it the old rock test a few inches off the ground, but would like to know the exact front-rear balance point. I will get the ALI lifting guide, but would appreciate any info in the meantime.

Thanks!

Does anyone know the center of gravity of a 200 for putting on a lift?

Of course I‘ve given it the old rock test a few inches off the ground, but would like to know the exact front-rear balance point. I will get the ALI lifting guide, but would appreciate any info in the meantime.

Thanks!

If it helps, my truck weighed 3300 on the front axle and 3000 on the rear, loaded lightly for a solo camping trip, 2nd and 3rd rows removed.

Very helpful, thanks! That would put the COG right about in line with the front of the front door handle according to my calculations/measurements.

Because of how far forward the rear LCA frame mount is and how long the “rear” arm of my asymmetric lift is, that means the vehicle fits better if I back it in. Thanks again

As you make changes to your LC, it’s easy to hop on CAT truck scale to get exact weight on front/back axles. Usually costs about $9...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom