Coffee for Cruisers: July 18th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jstncse

Crawling over something
Threads
When: Saturday July 18th 8:00am (to accommodate the REI garage sale goers)
Where: Daily Grind
What: Breakfast and coffee on the patio

On the agenda

• Upcoming wheeling/camping trips (Ouray trip will only be 2 1/2 weeks away)
  • Trip report from Monticello
  • REI Garage sale report
  • T-shirt update
If anybody else has a subject matter they would like to present, let's hear it.

I will be in CO camping but if something changes and I'm in town I can go.

thanks! should be there

I should make it.

I received the survey in the mail this morning. http://www.partcatalog.com/blog/survey/
It's ranking your favorite trails in New Mexico, looks like the Las Cruces clubs had the most input in last years results. http://www.partcatalog.com/blog/2014-top-off-road-trails-in-america/

I should be able to make it.

Not this time...

I'll be at work again.

Unfortunately I won't make it either. VP Larry promised to carry the torch for me this time

Unfortunately I won't make it either. VP Larry promised to carry the torch for me this time
Geez. You set this up. Do we need to call you Marc II?

Dang you've got a good memory for an old guy. That must have been about 7 years ago.

At least he's being a proper leader, training his future replacement and delegating authority. I just left everyone high and dry, forcing everyone to scramble to find an alternate host and location.

Sad... want to check with you about chile challenge

Had a nice turn out for our July 18th coffee. Here are some notes:

T-shirts colors chosen are the two colors shown in Terrill's post May 29th that show (cream/blue). The other two preferred colors were charcoal and rust. Reconfirmed that hoodies would be special ordered and Terrill would coordinate the entire order.

Larry and Frank are planning a ‘blue moon’ night run in the Jemez Friday July 31st. The plan is to meet at the Walatowa Visitor Center near Jemez Pueblo at 8 pm. From there we will catch the trail head right after the Gilman Tunnels and then either camp in the bush afterwards or those that wish can head back. Frank and I are going to set up a base camp Friday afternoon. I will start a thread for anybody that would like to join us for a night run. Based on some of the LED set ups I have seen, it may be one of the first night runs where sun glasses would be helpful.

Those interested in the Ouray club run are still welcome to join us between Wednesday August 5th – and Sunday August 9th. We reconfirmed that members will be arriving Wednesday early afternoon and if time permits, may even try to squeeze in a short run Wednesday afternoon/evening. Come for one day or stay the whole time - just come on up! Those that wish to join but don’t want to camp can possibly book a motel/hotel in town, but would be encouraged to book early as this is peak season.

There was interest in doing a club run to Blanca Peak August 29th – 30th. As I understand it, this is a moderate to extreme trail for stock vehicles and I am excited to see if my Warn 9.5X still functions. The idea is to arrive Friday evening, camp I guess, so that we can get an early start first thing Saturday morning the 29th. We would take the trail to the lake, tent camp overnight (I was told to bring pop tarts – no glamping) and then return Sunday. Terrill/Grant/Ali – can you guys post up that topic? It was also suggested that we reach out to the Rising Sun boyz to see if they had any plans to be around that area during our run.

Terrill, in your absence, the club voted to have you serve as lifetime President. Congratulations! (ha just kidding)

I know it... I should have left it as the second Saturday of the month, no conflict there.

Terrill, in your absence, the club voted to have you serve as lifetime President. Congratulations! (ha just kidding)

I'm watching you

Thanks for taking care of things Larry, sounds like some good runs coming up.

I would also like to extend an invitation to the North Baldy run for those that are not going to be able to make Ouray trip. It will be on August 8th and I will most likely make a day trip out of it

Sad... want to check with you about chile challenge

Are you going? 35's, a winch and lockers will get you though almost all of it. Not counting the body damage of course

Neville suggested adding one year to the President term for every missed meeting. So you're set for 2016 Terrill!

Neville suggested adding one year to the President term for every missed meeting. So you're set for 2016 Terrill!

I'm watching you and Neville!!!!:poof:

I should actually get a month off for good behavior for every meeting I attend:smokin:

At the meeting we were talking about doing Ford swaps into a LC and that was very unusual due to most folks taking the Chevy route. Well, I found a guy gassing up at Wallatowa last saturday who slapped in a stoker Ford 347 into his 60. It started out as a 302 I guess. His name is Jay and he'll probably pipe in here.

IMG_20150718_130104198[1].jpg

IMG_20150718_130121709[1].jpg

IMG_20150718_130132328[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom