Builds Codyaustin5's Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@codyaustin5 random and off-topic of the thread, but where did you find that 80? Looks super clean
Searched forever to find a super clean one... Took awhile but convinced Mike at CruiserCorps to sell it to me.

Hey Codyaustin5, What does the other side wall of your Toyo's look like?
Good question... I'm not sure... I'll see if I can take a pic.

Thought I would update this thread. Got bored with the rock warriors and wanted a change so sprung for some heritage wheels with 275/70-18 Toyo Open Country AT3. Load E. Typically not a fan of E rated tires but the Toyos are super light compared to others and after driving for the last week they feel great. Super quiet and no impact on feel of the 200. Absolutely love the wheels! Was on the fence and almost got the TRD Pro wheels in black but man the bronze is sweet on gray!

Picked up some painted black door moldings to eliminate the chrome but feel like I should either match remaining chrome or just do body matched door molding and call it a day. The gray/black/bronze is a pretty killer combo and like it better than my silver/black theme on WR1. More to come on the chrome.

Added those 3D cup holders and work as advertised... much more useful for standard drinks and not tipping over anymore.

Other than that working on LCDC7 and spending time on my new 80 and building that one up. The 80 is such a sweet rig and love everything about it.

I’ll be bringing the 80 and 200 to LCDC this year!

updated pics... also wifey picked up a ‘21 GX in atomic silver. Wish they offered that color on the 200! Traded in her ‘19.

View attachment 2561062

View attachment 2561063

View attachment 2561064

View attachment 2561065

View attachment 2561066
May have already been asked, but did you need spacers to fit the 275 70 r18’s?

Thank you. How was the install?
On both 200s I had local shop install. Was like $150. Use existing holes and drill some new ones. No rivnuts. 80 version uses u-bolts.

On both 200s I had local shop install. Was like $150. Use existing holes and drill some new ones. No rivnuts. 80 version uses u-bolts.
@PabloTX I have the same WK sliders on my 200. I did the install myself in my driveway. Hardest parts were getting a drill under the frame to drill the pilot holes (I had to jack up the frame about an inch) and positioning them by myself (I let the slider rest on my shoulder while I started to hand-thread a few of the bolts). In hindsight I'd have gladly paid $150 to have someone else do it ;)

Note that if you're doing it yourself I highly recommend wearing gloves and long sleeves when drilling the frame. I was picking bits of hot metal out of my fingers for days

@PabloTX I have the same WK sliders on my 200. I did the install myself in my driveway. Hardest parts were getting a drill under the frame to drill the pilot holes (I had to jack up the frame about an inch) and positioning them by myself (I let the slider rest on my shoulder while I started to hand-thread a few of the bolts). In hindsight I'd have gladly paid $150 to have someone else do it ;)

Note that if you're doing it yourself I highly recommend wearing gloves and long sleeves when drilling the frame. I was picking bits of hot metal out of my fingers for days
Agreed with the statement about gloves and long sleeve. That metal got hot! Jack stands made it easier to line up the sliders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom