codes 41 and 51 with intermittent shut down while driving. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Two days ago I had an issue where the truck shut down while sitting in walmart parking lot . It would crank and start but die instantly, acting like it possibly had bad gas since I had just added gas at a station maybe 3 miles up the road . After a few minutes of trying it started. I got backed out of the spot and to the end of the parking lot. when I hit the brakes it died again. i decided since i had everything I would go ahead and do the egr delete , I mean heck what could it hurt . Ran smooth at idle in my yard for almost a half hour or so with no issues at all. Got to the BK drive thru and sitting in gear for maybe 3 minutes waiting in line and it dies . Same thing all over again . Normal operating temp ,has gas, oil pressure good, cranks, starts, dies stumbling ... but thisa time i got a check engine light and codes 41 and 51 but it appears to be intermittent . Has anyone ever experienced this?

Perhaps if your ABS pump motor has seized (code 51) it could be bringing the available battery voltage down, setting off the code 41 which may indicate a low battery condition. Check you voltage available at the battery; if low, pull the 60 amp ABS fuse to confirm and recheck. Or I suppose it could just be a bad alternator causing a low voltage condition and that will affect the circuits requiring the most juice. Worth a try! Mind you, I am looking at the codes for a 97 LX450 in the FSM. The code 41 also appears as a TPS fault on Land Cruisers. An error on my part as I was looking at ABS DTCs; so disregard. On yours the CEL DTCs 41 and 51 are likely TPS related.

Last edited:
I am leaning towards the tps being changed but I was curious just in case someone says something like " oh when u desmog hook up this and this vacuum hose" . or "check this wire because it comes loose' ect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom