Codes 2 and 8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1994 Land Cruiser has the check engine light illuminated, so I pulled the codes and per the code list here on Mud I get code 2 Air Flow Meter signal and code 8 Intake Air Temperature Sensor signal.

Per my manual, resistance from E2 to VS should be 200-600 ohms, and it is ~2500 ohms.
E2-VC should be 200-400 ohms, and it is ~2500 ohms.
E2-THA is about where it should be for the current temperature at ~1500 ohms and 75º outside.

So I think I need a new unit, but I'd like to ask if there's another test I need to do before I install parts?

Is there a way to clean these up and give them new life?

Where's the best place to buy OEM replacements? Beno?

The 93-94 airflow meter is manufacture-discontinued and is no longer available. You will need to look for a used one and it needs to come from a 93-94. The last published price on that part was just shy of a thousand bucks.

The 93-94 airflow meter is manufacture-discontinued and is no longer available. You will need to look for a used one and it needs to come from a 93-94. The last published price on that part was just shy of a thousand bucks.

Ouch. Thanks for the info. I saw a re-man for around $300 on a website. Is that a good price? Is there a source for the parts so I can re-build it my self?

If I get the new maf, will that also take care of the air temperature sensor?

I ordered a re-man Cardone air flow sensor for $186, and it should arrive this week.

I'm still unsure-will this also take care of the air temperature sensor issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom