Code P1121: APPS but no loss of power??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Threw the code yesterday while the wife was driving with no mention of loss of power or "limp mode", just the check engine and vsc track and vsc off lights on. Started it a few times at home, everything normal but lights still on. Drove to fill up with gas and the code went away after restarting. Then I drove across town to visit a friend with a OBD scanner and it came up with a P1121 code.

Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new APPS??

Should mention I have read all the APPS/TPS threads but almost everyone experienced limp mode.

The only help TIS provides for this error is to replace the Sensor. Let me know what year it is and I can give you the Part Number to help you look for a good price on one.

Last edited:
If it happens again I would double check the connection, for it to pop up with that code it has to fail for a certain period of time. If its not on now its possible it could be a loose connection.

code came up again yesterday after about a mile of driving on a cold Canadian winter day. This time it went into limp mode. A quick off/restart in traffic and I was able to drive normally again but the check engine lights are still on. Decided to go ahead and order the APPS.

Can someone clarify lines 12 and 13 it seems easy enough but i don't know if I am understanding it correctly
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/an-illustrated-guide-to-replacing-your-apps-part-1.265475/

The install is quite obvious when you remove the old unit. There is an indexed "clock" inside the sensor that mates on the throttle body side. Thats the 20* comment.

I had to do this on Friday before a Death Valley trip. Took 10 minutes. I was getting limp mode but no code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom