Code Blue engine oil gallery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ERNRAM

SILVER Star
Threads
Before I start freaking out, I thought I would harness the brain power of MUDD

Ok... I got an old 1F engine a few months ago. Long story short, I decided to upgrade the oil lines to steel branded with 4AN fittings

Obviously you need take off the existing fittings off the block.

When taking off the straight fitting from the block, it broke flush to the block. Not good.

I decided to roll up a little blue shop towel into the hole to keep metal in if I had to somehow drill it out an minimize metal getting in

Broken fittiing...the other threads are in the block

16459918724206401103266667296579.jpg

I got a Hanson thread extractor on it

16459919748212338152699400691478.jpg

Problem is that the rolled up blue paper plug I made fell in to where I can't see it . So I don't want to leave it in, so the only way I think to get it out is through the front oil gallery plug.

16459921627391917900649208570328.jpg

Does this drop into the oil pan? It seems below the oil gallary plug

16459938763662142404252449317795.jpg

Is this the pressure or return side?

Believe it's the low side. High side is the regulator that goes to the oil filter. These old F engines only filtered part of oil then back to the oil pan thru other hose. The oil regulator pressure relief also drains in the pan thru a second opening covered by the regulator.

May get lucky and a little air pressure will blow it into the pan and come out thru the drain plug. Could also end up in the oil pump inlet screen.

So would this dump back to the pan directly or is it going back into a galley? If pan, dump oil and hope it comes with? If galley, shop vac adapted down to heater hose and cross your fingers? I adapt clear down to 1/4" brake hard line on shop vac hose to suck oil/coolant out of head bolt holes when doing a head gasket- could you do that and fish inside the hole and maybe get ahold of your paper towel plug that way?

Have you put a shop vac on it (tapered to a small tube) and see what gets sucked out ?

I believe Living in the past is correct. It's seems like it's the low side. I stuck a screw driver to see how far it went in, and I would say 1.5" easy.

I just drained the oil and will try the air pressure trick. Worst case I drop pan.

I think a picture of the bottom end of a 1F where I could see it from the inside would put my mind at rest.

Screenshot_20220227-153001_Chrome.jpg

IMAG0828-2.jpg

Stole this pic off the net, I didn't draw on it it came that way, thread it came from talks about the circled hole supposed to be plugged...but any chance the other hole is it?

But until I see a clear hole from underneath, then not 100% sure.

I have a new oil pan gasket, just was not planning on doing it

I think thr newer blue engine is a 1.5F. So the lower part is different.

So I need a 1F block picture

Found this, maybe from a real computer you can see something/pause at the right second...I'm on a phone so it's hard to tell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom