Code 41!! TPS code after troubleshooting still. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80oregon

GOLD Star
Threads
So I have been fighting a code 41 after a full rebuild on engine. Pulled off the throttle body and tested the TPS on bench and adjusted per fsm. Then installed on truck and tested to the ECM per the fsm. Everything is in spec. Now I did have to replace the harness clip to the tps. I checked with another harness to verify I have the wires hooked up correctly (sometimes I drink and wrench). I have all new vacuum hoses I mean all new. The air intake hose is new. When I rev the engine at the throttle body it is smooth and consistent. The throttle cable is adjusted per the FSM also. The engine is idling rough and when I try to drive it’s down on power. I know the vaf can be an issue and it tested fine. I also cleaned the IAC and throttle body when I originally installed the rebuilt motor. The wires are not burned around the EGR as the EGR is deleted and I inspected them when I had if out. What you guys think? I know I’m missing something. Truck is 94 Fzj80 with 300k. Thanks Wes

PCV and grommet refreshed among all the other things?
If you adjust the throttle cable (TC) to idle normally at cold start, do you find the idle to be high when it warms up?

I have a spare VAFM you could use for trouble shooting purposes. Is your oil fill cap sealed up tight against the valve cover? New plugs and wires? Timing verified? EGR valve closed completely at idle?

PCV and grommet refreshed among all the other things?
If you adjust the throttle cable (TC) to idle normally at cold start, do you find the idle to be high when it warms up?
Yes new pcv and grommet. The cable is adjusted so it’s all on the ECM. Idle is at 1100 on cold starts and adjust down close to 600 once warm.

I have a spare VAFM you could use for trouble shooting purposes. Is your oil fill cap sealed up tight against the valve cover? New plugs and wires? Timing verified? EGR valve closed completely at idle?
I think I’ll take you up on that vafm. I’ll shout you a text thanks Steve. Oil fill cap is old I’ll swap with my 97 and see if it helps. New plugs/wires. Timing set at 4*. EGR deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom