Cobb County GA Land Cruiser Meetup (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If this happens I will try to show up. I bought my 200 series from this dealer. I was told he had 17 more early Land Cruisers that were not on display. The ones in the showroom were nicer than when they were new.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The beige one and the white one were not there when I was down. There was a red damn near new LX570 sitting in the showroom.

The beige one and the white one were not there when I was down. There was a red damn near new LX570 sitting in the showroom.
He rotates them in and out of the showroom.
I think he has ~ 15 more off sight.

Last edited:
I did not realize Thomasville was nearly 5 hours from me.

I know the drive intimately, made it literally a couple hundred times over the last 30 years. I can get from my home in Jasper to Mom's place in Thomasville in 4:30 if I don't stop, more usually just under 5 hours.

Damn I'm old.

I actually had to "Google" Jasper. :)
We've gone with the assumption that everything north of Warner Robins is actually part of Tennessee. :)

** That 4 door Cruiser (bottom photo) is a 2001 model. (Needless to say it has an interesting history)

In the last month or so I have run into or met several mud members in my local area (Marietta and Kennesaw) I would like to see if we can get all the locals together. Nothing formal just a time to hang with others that have the LC sickness like I do.

Date and Time
This will be on February 1st at 2pm.

2740 Summers St, Kennesaw, GA 30144

Everyone is invited and if you bring your Land Cruiser I will buy your first beer:beer: Forward the thread to anyone you think might be interested.

Jack

@McSavage
@katwalk
@ATLTJ
@Wadesters
@dad4x4

Food for thought on the original concept of a casual get-to-together in the Cobb area.

Up the street from Pisanos on the other side of 41 is a Carvers. Next to the Carvers is an open field (weed/grass patch) waiting to be developed. This open field could be a suitable offroad parking area well suited to Cruisers which other vehicles would have no interest. Next to the Carvers is a Dunkin Doughnut. This combo could offer several food and coffee options, but misses the market on adult beverage opportunities

i.e., No competition from other patrons as we line up the trucks.

To manage the weeds, I could drive the tractor over and mow a patch for parking and walking-n-gawking.

Again thanks for organizing the meeting last Saturday.

That is Culvers they have a decent burger and cheese curds

My daughter, who is a Cruiserhead in the making, took this photo in Tucker, Ga. this morning. I assume it's one of your fellow pavement pounders.
image.jpeg

New month and a bump

There is still time. They should be in perfect condition for the next meeting with all of free time members have

Food for thought on the original concept of a casual get-to-together in the Cobb area.

Up the street from Pisanos on the other side of 41 is a Carvers. Next to the Carvers is an open field (weed/grass patch) waiting to be developed. This open field could be a suitable offroad parking area well suited to Cruisers which other vehicles would have no interest. Next to the Carvers is a Dunkin Doughnut. This combo could offer several food and coffee options, but misses the market on adult beverage opportunities

To manage the weeds, I could drive the tractor over and mow a patch for parking and walking-n-gawking.

The Allis is ready for action, if we
IMG_20200403_174521423_HDR.jpg
get cleared to meet and the Carvers opportunity is exercised.

We need to park 6 feet apart

I mowed approximately an acre behind Culvers (I don't know why I called it Carvers before). As you can see from the following pictures, the area is 75-100 yard from Culvers and reasonably level. There is enough room that you could bring your Cruisers on trailers and drive right on out (truck trailer Cruiser N all). There is open space closer to Culvers store but it is a retention pond and seemed risky to be mowing. If there is interest in setting a date, I would head back up the street with the tractor and mow again to be ready.
IMG_20200523_163317187.jpg
IMG_20200523_163351815.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom