Coastal Offroad Bumpers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the rear with dual swing out
To be honest the only thing that I dislike is the lack of a locking pin for the swing out. A bit of a pain to gold it while on an incline but it's an easy fix to add a gas strut.
Departure angle is fantastic, quality is great, it doesn't squeak or rattle, it doesn't shake in gravel roads.
It was the obvious choice when I considered pricing + shipping + conversion rate in Canadian $.

20220402_121556.jpg

Would anyone mind giving me this dimension so I can figure out how wide a ladder could be? I'm looking to have Brandon at coastal bend one up if possible.

I like the gas strut idea too...really don't want to deal with swingouts trying to close on their own. Not sure how to pick the struts out though. I'd imagine some rear hatch ones would probably work, but that wheel and tire/farm jack is a lot of weight on a grade.

Edit: some kind of locking pin would maybe work better in that it would guarantee no movement no matter what the grade. Safety wire on it means it could just be lifted up and stay in place when it's closed.

20220505_220333.jpg

20220505_221924.jpg

Last edited:
Are the swing outs for this bumper solid? It seems a little sketchy how they are welded to the vertical plane instead of sitting on the horizontal plane, if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom