Coastal Offroad Bumper Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the look of the front bumper, especially since no trimming is required. Price is nice too w the exchange rate. I can bolt stuff together, but I don't have welding experience....how much to have the bumper welded? They need the vehicle, with the original bumper removed, all day as a template for welding?

I had a professional shop weld and linex both of my bumpers and it was about $1700. I'm sure most of that cost was the rear bumper, but they did have to cut on the front frame to get a tight close fit. If I had to guess just the front might have been around $6-700

Last edited:
I jumped on the Coastal train. I’ve been chatting with Brandon for awhile about having a rear bumper w/ single swing that will fit with my existing Gobi ladder. We shot lots of pics and measurements back and forth. I must say he’s the best supplier/shop I’ve ever worked with. Since I’m in Seattle I’m going to drive up and in a couple weeks to grab it. I’ll post updates then.

damn, bumper looks great and seems cheap...until I add up the extra $700! I really like the look of dissent's bumper, partly because of extremely high quality looking welds. but I like this one because of no trimming...but its not welded.

damn, bumper looks great and seems cheap...until I add up the extra $700! I really like the look of dissent's bumper, partly because of extremely high quality looking welds. but I like this one because of no trimming...but its not welded.

Where is the extra $700 coming from? Did you add options?

I had a professional shop weld and linex both of my bumpers and it was about $1700. I'm sure most of that cost was the rear bumper, but they did have to cut on the front frame to get a tight close fit. If I had to guess just the front might have been around $6-700

Do you have a different cost estimate to get the bumper put together?

FYI, I had both of my bumpers built, coated and, installed. The cost was about $2000.00, built, coated, installed.

Last edited:
Do you have a different cost estimate to get the bumper put together?
No I didn't get other estimates because I know the guy that owns the shop. He is really well known for quality work and I wanted it done right. Also he got it linexed and mounted it for me. These kits were close to 100 pieces and it was a lot of man hours to complete. Honestly worth every penny though.
20190316_170145.jpg

20190127_130843.jpg

I was strongly considering the CO front bumper but these assembly prices are definitely scaring me off.

I was strongly considering the CO front bumper but these assembly prices are definitely scaring me off.

Well, the solution is rather simple. DIY and save $$$.

While I'm sure with enough practice and money spent on equipment I could be a proficient welder, I'm not looking for a bumper to be my first attempt.

While I'm sure with enough practice and money spent on equipment I could be a proficient welder, I'm not looking for a bumper to be my first attempt.

It doesn't have to be but when you don't have the $$$, creativity must come into play by utilizing the resources that are available to you. Surely there are other 5th gen dudes in the area or other gen dudes who are good with a welder and love a case or two of some fandangle IPA or whatever the kids drink these days. You do the grunt work of hours and hours of grinding and prepping, he just runs the beads.

Go to the clubhouse section of the Mud board and solicit some help. Maybe get to know your local club dudes.

You learn a valuable skill and gain a metric ton of pride once the job is done.

Oh so its not just my s***ty welds then?

It's amazing what a 80 grit flapper wheel can do to any s***ty welds. As long as the welds penetrate, you can pretty them up with a flapper disc. :cheers:

Took about a week without working too hard at it but its done. Might connect the welds under the filler plates instead of having stitch welds, but well see when that happens.

img_0222-jpeg.1959455

IMG_0222.jpeg

Took about a week without working too hard at it but its done. Might connect the welds under the filler plates instead of having stitch welds, but well see when that happens.

img_0222-jpeg.1959455

OT, but nice Thermos sticker, I was able to grab a sweatshirt from them years ago before the site went down.

Looks great, nice job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom