Coastal Offroad Bumper Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I gotta wait till i get paid from the accident before placing my order, but i'll definitely grab a rear right away and a front later if funds dont allow for the repair and both.

I haven't welded something in 20 or more years. I think I could practice and do a fairly clean job. I know I can weld better than some of the bumpers I have seen.

I gotta wait till i get paid from the accident before placing my order, but i'll definitely grab a rear right away and a front later if funds dont allow for the repair and both.

Just read above you were rear-ended? everyone ok?

Just read above you were rear-ended? everyone ok?

Yeah, all good. Thanks! Lady that hit me is trying to claim on my insurance, so there's some fun stuff going on. HAHA

Well, it will take some time but it will work out. Subpoena her phone records. She was most likely on the phone or texting.

I wanted to update the thread, got the swing arm built a couple of weekends ago. For those of you on Instagram that follow me (BajaKuz) you saw it that day but got the photos uploaded to my website today.

I special ordered the kit from Coastal Off-Road without the tire swing with the exception of the swing joints since I wanted to do a full swing out. So this is what my buddy and I came up with on the fly. We beefed up the swing attachment and had to figure out a mounting point for the clamp and how to do a locking pin.

We added a plate between the two swing tabs to give more surface area to attach to.
IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG

A nice tilt to the tire not too much but it looked funny at 90° exactly.
IMG_2002.JPG

We built out a latching point for the latch to hook onto and matched the size and shape of the swings on the other side.
IMG_2007.JPG

Then we attached the gas can basket I got from ????? And added a mounting bracket that will be for my 2gal water Rotopax to attach to.
IMG_2011.JPG

A few Poser shots before I took the bumper back off.
IMG_2012.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_2013.JPG

Next we just need to mount a circular plate for the rotopax to attach to and then I am thinking of cutting the factory tow hitch and welding it directly to the bumper high and tight. I want the three point full hitch because I plan to tow in the future.

I like where you have gone with it, looks good. I like the long arm swing as opposed to dual swing outs. Has your rig been down this whole time during fab?

So I received the slightly newer version of the rear bumper. I went to test fit it after rack welding the center portion but noticed the body mount is getting in the way. Did you all have the issue too?
8C5F59EE-82B3-43BA-BD23-75F8922CEE8E.jpeg

I'm really digging the front bumper, and mine is all deer'd up...

I just purchased a front and rear from Brandon at Coastal. Looking forward to getting them on. I too like the look, and the service from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom