Coastal Off-road Front Bumper & HF Badlands ZXR winch build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nearly there, some more flapping this evening and it should be ready for paint. Hoping to install on Sunday. The plan is to prime 4 coats and another 4 of black truck bed liner. The winch will go in at the same time, not sure if I’ll wire it up but at least it’ll be in there. Plan on further waterproofing the winch in between painting coats. We leave for a week long camping trip next weekend so it’s go time.

9211DE2D-1F9B-46BA-9CB0-A8992A4A49F9.jpeg

7F072AA4-AA58-4764-8A50-6B5EB576A108.jpeg

Nearly there, some more flapping this evening and it should be ready for paint. Hoping to install on Sunday. The plan is to prime 4 coats and another 4 of black truck bed liner. The winch will go in at the same time, not sure if I’ll wire it up but at least it’ll be in there. Plan on further waterproofing the winch in between painting coats. We leave for a week long camping trip next weekend so it’s go time.

View attachment 3041828

View attachment 3041829
My son used rattle can bed liner on his bumpers after unsatisfactory results with spray paint. I think he used the Duplicolor stuff. He’s been pretty satisfied with it, though keeping it looking black and clean seems to be a struggle in our area (very dusty). Definitely tougher than paint, though.

My son used rattle can bed liner on his bumpers after unsatisfactory results with spray paint. I think he used the Duplicolor stuff. He’s been pretty satisfied with it, though keeping it looking black and clean seems to be a struggle in our area (very dusty). Definitely tougher than paint, though.
I used bedliner for my rear bumper and it's held up pretty good a year on.I thought about powder coating, but the added expense an inevitable chipping that would occur turned me off from the idea.

I used bedliner for my rear bumper and it's held up pretty good a year on.I thought about powder coating, but the added expense an inevitable chipping that would occur turned me off from the idea.
1st can of bed liner, one more to go after a few beers to let it dry a bit. Will definitely need a couple more can of bed liner.

98C2C5CE-875C-4123-A9F4-0FEBA6232991.jpeg

1333FA08-CCBE-4ED9-A49E-837778CA6550.jpeg

F2AF89B4-A23E-482B-BD41-B5390FCAD464.jpeg

Last edited:
I love the progress, mate. Can’t wait to see the final product.

Ordered these lights, two pair. Chose ambers for better vis during bad weather. I like that it has covers for the lenses, we’ll see how practical they are. Should arrive tomorrow and will install along with winch before mounting to truck. Oh it’s going to be heavy.

C80C817D-5C48-466E-ACC0-1A99F9EEEA60.png

Sort of struggling with adjusting the lights. The holes cut out for them are just too close to do flush mount lights as the plates would overlap at the corner. I wanted the side lights to angle off to the side, but gusset slots would not allow for it, so I fit them straight forward. Still need to do some up down adjustment, but this is where I ended up.

9924B865-6A30-4DB0-8767-CCF4A86676A4.jpeg

77550F39-F9CF-44F3-BDD0-94E86E5015B3.jpeg

Can I ask how much the rhinoliner was? Still trying to decide between that or powdercoating

Sort of struggling with adjusting the lights. The holes cut out for them are just too close to do flush mount lights as the plates would overlap at the corner. I wanted the side lights to angle off to the side, but gusset slots would not allow for it, so I fit them straight forward. Still need to do some up down adjustment, but this is where I ended up.

View attachment 3043462

View attachment 3043463

EB35D329-FFA9-4444-8896-55560F8DB881.jpeg

8B03B6EB-5977-41E7-BF97-0CA9E2F98C3C.jpeg

E9DAFE60-0C56-4B6B-8C3D-3E5F69A181AC.jpeg

AC558585-4D0E-45A2-88B7-77644525C700.jpeg

I got the same bumper that I bought back in BF from Coastal. Unfortunately it I warped the bottom winch plate from putting too much heat into it, do you think its fine or should I get another one from Coastal?

Any more info on this bracket for the control box , did you fabricate that ?
I believe I used the bracket that would top mount the control box to the winch. I’ll take a look in the morning and post up a couple pics. I remember removing a horn in that location that I haven’t bothered to relocate yet.

Any more info on this bracket for the control box , did you fabricate that ?
you might find this place a help... I ordered one from them for my GX470. I havent gotten it yet but my buddy has one on his and said it was good and solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom