Coastal Cruisers in Sept Toyota Trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TOYOTA TRAILS SEPTEMBER ARTICLE ON COASTAL CRUISERS :bounce2: HEY GUYS: CHARLA DOWNEY AND I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON AN ARTICLE TO BE PUBLISHED IN SEPT/OCT THAT SHOWS PICTURES AND TELLS ABOUT OUR CLUB'S MEMBERS, VEHICLES, HISTORY AND ACTIVITIES. THERE IS A RUSH ON THIS BECAUSE ALL PICTURES AND ARTICLES MUST BE IN THE PUBLISHER'S HANDS BY THE MIDDLE OF JULY. SO...RUSH WHAT YOU HAVE TOGETHER AND DO THE FOLLOWING: ARTICLES CAN BE SENT TO CHARLA DOWNEY AT charladowney@uniserve.com
AND PICTURES CAN BE SENT TO TODD AT AN EMAIL I WILL POST AS SOON AS I GET IT. :bounce: GET ON THIS RIGHT AWAY!
~BILL :banana:

Toyota Trails article OK guys, send your pictures and stories to todd@larkbooks.com and remember that they like high resolution pictures for the color magazine. Include a blurb about where the picture was taken and who took it. They like pictures with water such as lakes, creeks, and rivers. Remember the deadline is July 15 because it is for the Sept/October issue of Toyota Trails.

If, for any reason, Todd's server rejects your email, then send it to Charla Downey at ratpuke@shaw.ca and she will pass it on to Todd.

This, as well as the Cruiser Days, will bring a higher profile to our club and to be successful it requires your participation. So, get on it now!

~Bill
:flipoff2:

I got a story for the trails,
There was this guy called Bill the banana, that posted a thread on the cc mud forum in pink letters! :grinpimp: Must have been so important that he just bypassed emergency red! :D
Just messing with you Bill, and just thought you cc guys need some more posts on here, or those twisted Swamp freaks will pass us in the post department. :flipoff2:
Cheers,
Deny

[COLOR=Magenta]Re Toyota Trails input[/COLOR] Well I certainly hope some of you CC members out there are sending in pictures and stories about our club's activities. Your participation here is important to raise the profile of our club. The quality of this article will be proportional to the input that we collectively put into it. If you sit on your duffs and do nothing, then the article will be cancelled or else it will be lackluster at best. If you care anything about the image and survival of our organization, then get busy and participate!
~Bill

Hey guys:
There's only one week left for the deadline for the Toyota Trails pictures
and stories about the Coastal Cruisers. Please get on this and send stuff to
Todd@larkbooks.com right away. Don't use that crappy excuse that you are too
busy--hey we all are. This is our chance to be famous so don't blow it by
being apathetic or disorganized. If you value our club and want to make it
better, then GET ON IT NOW! Label your stuff "Coastal Cruisers" on the
subject line, and make sure the pictures are really good quality and the
larger the better. Just think about how happy your mother will be to see
your rig in print all over North America and other parts of the world! Even
your girlfriend will be impressed! Your children will look up to you! Other
Wheelers will recognize you on the street! Jeeps will defer to you on the
trail! DO IT NOW.
~Bill

Trying...just off work this morning, meeting all morning, errands, and now another meeting, meetings tomorrow, then Vancouver on Friday conspire against...but I will try on the weekend!

gb

Got 'Er Done...

Here's a huge THANK YOU to everyone who submitted text and photos for the article. The lies have been made up and it's heading to print so I hope you guys like it in the end. :grinpimp:

Ratpuke said:
I hope you guys like it in the end.

After todays experience at the hospital that has special meaning...

And no...

gb

Welcome back Stone! Hope you had a great trip...

At the age for what? hehe....

gb

Hey Stone...the anesthesiologist was the Rover freak. I asked if he was the Rover freak, as I was a LC freak...

He just got back from Oz. Shipped one of his Rovers there, and it is getting shipped back. Broke the frame in the outback, had an emergancy trip to civilization to get repair equipment, repaired it, then got it back. Did not get the full story has there was some other business to look after, however he has my contact info now soi I look forward to meeting and hearing some stories...

gb

Hey Greg:

Yes, that's the guy I told you about who's friends with my friend Louis (another Rover freak). I think his name is Chris, and he has a nice big place in Bradner with a barn/shop full of Rovers. He has a Rover military truck with a 3B-AXT Turbo done by Cory of Kodiak...so he does know a little about Cruisers. He liked the look of my BJ74 the last time I was out there anyway. :D

I heard about that Outback trip...cool to hear about guys who actually do stuff like that. Chris is a very nice guy.

Stone

Hey Stone,
Is Cory from Kodiak going to be at cruiser days, I know he was at all the previous ones, just never saw Kodiak on the information sheet?
Cheers,
Deny

Greg_B said:
He just got back from Oz. Shipped one of his Rovers there, and it is getting shipped back.

Did you find out how he shipped, from Oz?

JIm

Deny said:
Hey Stone,
Is Cory from Kodiak going to be at cruiser days, I know he was at all the previous ones, just never saw Kodiak on the information sheet?
Cheers,Deny

I don't think he ever applied. Too bad...The more the merrier...

I know Rob from LCI is not on, but says he is in...Has he contacted you yet Stone?

gb

jfc said:
Did you find out how he shipped, from Oz?JIm

Nope...if he contacts I will try and remember to ask!

gb

Sent an email to Cory, never got a response. Rob told me he's in, but I think that was after the poster. I might have overlooked him because it was a verbal response and I didn't receive an email from him.

Initially, JP Toyota sounded really enthusiastic about supporting the event, but when I went in there to drop off ONE poster, I got a really cold reception. A little bit disappointed with that one, as they're the ones that I usually mention when it comes to getting readily available parts from a dealership. Anyway...

Re. OZ:
I'm pretty sure that I heard Chris had his Rover shipped via container to and from the OZ. It's expensive, but he's not exactly hurting for money. :) You guys should see his shop...if only it were Cruiser parts. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom