Coastal Cruiser Meeting Nov 8,07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Coastal Cruiser Monthly Meeting Thursday, November 8,07.
Meet for dinner 6:00 p.m. Golden Spike. Meeting 81 Moray St., Port Moody @ 8:00.p.m.
Agenda:
-Christmas Party December 8. We will need a head count and menu selection count for the choices of beef, turkey, or wild salmon.
-Policy decisions re party admission and calendars for non-members.
-Discussion of our upcoming Coastal Cruiser website.
-Nominations for 2008 club officers: Pres, Vice Pres, Treasurer, Membership coordinator.
-Reports on 4WDABC meeting and IVOAC meeting.
-New members and other business. New members will receive a ComWest flashlight and the newest Nov/Dec Toyota Trails magazine before anyone else gets it! Membership renewals will receive a recent Toyota Trails mag.
-Fabulous Olesia & Felcia dancing girls provided by Polish Refugee Assoc.
-Raffle with rad prizes.
**No monthly meeting in December!**

Last edited:
yeah i highly doubt i can make this one also........during the summer and fall its hard for me to make the meetings....but during the winter and spring i can make them no prob due to the fact that i live and work in north van during that time...i will come to one soon

Can I still come , even though I dont really have a cruiser anymore LOL
Coiled Cruiser now you may be the only member with the 78

Thanks Mat I enjoyed the follow up on your trip. I hope your 60 is glitch free after the swim you both had. see you at the meeting

Please come to this week's meeting prepared to tell how many people for Xmas Party and what food choice you want: Turkey, Beef, or Wild Salmon.

P.S. The raffle prizes at Xmas are awesome: Hot Rod air compressor, camping heater, Craftsman chainsaw, gas/electric generator, porta power hydraulic ram, salad spinner, hair curlers (my fav), and many many more items. :cool:

Last edited:
Hi Bill,

Can't make the meeting this week, but please put me down for the beef dinner at the Christmas party.

Craig

Mat: are you bringing the nuts? ;)

The Delta Hotel Elephant & Castle if offering any of us a standard room after the Christmas Party for $85. or a Premier room for $109. Please let me know if any of you are interested.
~Bill

Hi Guys I cant make it tonite, something has come up, have a good meeting

My apologies to everyone, it is 7pm on meeting night and I have been called into the office for a bit of a emergency. I'm here for several hours at the least so I will not be able to make the meeting. Rob please give me a call to discuss web details. Cheers. PM for # if required.

COASTAL CRUISER MEETING NOVEMBER 8, 2007

Several members met at 6:00 pm for supper at the Golden Spike but some found the noise level too high during the Canuck’s hockey game. The next time a game falls on a meeting night, we hope to find a quieter restaurant.

Members present:
Chris B, Pawel Z, Greg VanT, Justin VanH, Steve T, Gary T, Jeff S, Phil S, Kim R, Mat R, Steve P, Sopel, Rob Millson, Mike McT, Rod McD, Paul K, Norm F, Drew E, Rob C, Martin C, Al D and Bill W.

Item 1) Christmas Party December 8 at Elephant & Castle, Richmond. Maps will be posted on Mud in early December. Christmas dinner is a choice of Turkey, Beef, or Wild Salmon, including salad, dessert, and coffee/tea. A bartender will be there for you to order your own drinks. Party cost is $15. each for paid up CC members and partners. Overnight rooms are available for $85 basic, and $109. Premium.
So far, members coming are: Marcin & Ania, Craig E, Drew E, Paul K, Rod & Kim, Mike McT and possibly daughter, Rob Millson & Gail, Robert M, Steve P & partner, Mat R, Kim R & partner, Phil S & wife, Jeff S & Becky, Gary T, Steve T, Justin VanH, Al D, Chris B, Bill W & wife.
**WE NEED TO KNOW NOW WHO ELSE IS COMING AND WHAT CHOICE OF DINNERS YOU WANT. ALSO, WHO WANTS A HOTEL ROOM?** So far, rooms are asked for by Rod McD, Steve P, Rob Millson, Gary T, Jeff S, and maybe Kim R and Mike McT.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE NO CC MONTHLY MEETING IN DECEMBER. The next monthly meeting will be January 10, 2008. Last year we had a January run to Clear Creek. No firm plans as yet for this coming January.

Item 2) Upcoming CC website construction. James M was not present at this meeting, however we still need more input about things you would like to see on the website. We need more grille pictures and text input about website layout expectations.

Item 3) Club officers for 2008 will be, by acclamation, Steve T President, Rod McD Vise President, Rob M Treasurer, Bill W Coordinator. Nobody else volunteered to participate although several readily volunteer for committees.

Item 4) The 4WDABC will hold a general meeting on November 17, 07, for the purpose of amending its bylaws. Drew E and Jeff S are planning to attend and we encourage other CC members to be there also to give a voice and presence for our club.
The IVOAC is planning to launch a lawsuit against ICBC for distorting accident statistics of right-hand-drive vehicles in order to penalize owners.

Item 5) Welcome new members Chris B (’91 LJ78) and Pawel Z (’90 HDJ 81).

Item 6) Raffle winners: Mat R toolbox, Mike McT sawhorses, calculator & voice memo, Chris B tow strap, Rob McD air ratchet, Al D bolt cutters, Jeff S digital voltmeter, Steve P tire gauge & DVD, Marcin C seat warmer & massager, Pawel a roll of wire, Paul K air tank, and Bill W socket holder. Many thanks to Mat for the wire and Robert (Flycruiser) for the DVD.

The meeting broke up about 10:00 and members kibitzed around for quite a while making parts deals and swapping tall stories until Steve finally kicked them out after a hard day of manual labour cleaning his shop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom