Coastal Cruiser 2012 Chilcotin Trip (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:popcorn:

We are raffling an Xtreme 60" hi-lift at the meeting..... :hillbilly:

Hi-jack out....

back on topic otherwise you will have to start a "worst stuck" thread :idea:

back on topic otherwise you will have to start a "worst stuck" thread :idea:

Like this? ;)

IMG_0008.jpg

I don't remember the exact location. It wasn't a really big hole but it was big enough to get a 100 stuck in. Somebody had got in it and dug a wall on the exit and the 100 isn't that tall.

Keep in mind you're driving a 74 on 35's and we were talking about a "stock" truck. You can still take a stock truck through. Vince's Tacoma was stock and he got through after seeing my line and picking a different one but by himself he wouldn't have tried it. That hole to the left of the truck was pretty deep. I almost got stuck in it on the way in.

Anyways it could be paved now who knows.

[URL="http://inlinethumb06.webshots.com/49669/2167571010069776024S600x600Q85.jpg"] [/URL]

that hole was brutal!! i got my truck around it (stock) but the trailer decided to go in and stopped me dead :clap:

Just a suggestion, based on last years weather and bugs, how about a late summer trip after fire season.

Now somebody is thinking!

Hey guys , I am out for July! I will be heading up there late summer!

There is lots of money to be made around Turbo Lake, as in mushroom picking!

Have a great trip!

Besides you guys ditched dad and I last year ! It was kind of a blessing ! At least I didnt have to wait for you guys when it came to obstacle time:flipoff2:

Last edited:
I dont think so Bill ! I remember that morning, it was kind of snowing! I went to bed early the night before because of a migrane~! Got up to the sound of 13B-Ts and Turboed 3Bs , You guys were already packed up ready to go as I (we) got out of the canopy, I walked up to yous and asked what was going on , because we didnt know the conversation of the nite before. The reply was more or less we are leaving in a very short time, here is where we are going on the map. I was getting sick again and dad was having heart problems and 3 broken ribs. I walked back to the cruiser as coffee was just being made and waved as yous were driving away.

It was no big deal Bill , but you seemed to have a problem with me about the VHF. It all boiled down to your radio not working properly because of your antennae set-up.

Enjoy your trip!

I have already spent lots of time living and wheeling in my 74 this spring.

Aaron, I just can't let that pass without comment. I am not looking for an argument but that is bull**** and both of us know it. Furthermore, it was unsportsmanship on your part to drop out of the group without even discussing the situation with us and saying goodbye. I am sorry that you and your dad were not feeling well those days, and felt the need to go home, fair enough, however, there is an appropritate way to do this; simply sit down with the group and say that you are leaving for home. That's all it takes, but I suppose you were worried about some kind of confrontation or hassle, so chose to simply slip out without telling anybody. Not good; Chilcotin trips are a group affair, and the correct protocol is to tell people your intentions so that we can carry on without worrying about your whereabouts. At this point I would hesitate to wheel with you again in the future because of this past event. You have wheeled alone successfully in the past and seemed to come out of it OK, so maybe that is the best method for you. Enjoy your summer and have a good time out there.

Aaron and Bill - I think this misunderstanding was due to poor communication on everyone's part. Many of us thought that the trip was too 'fast paced' at times and that coupled with the unseasonal cold weather in July made it a challenge for many of us. We must remember these expeditions are not 'overnight Harrison Lake picnics' - so occasional discomfort and delays are part of the cost of admission.

If you and your Dad were feeling poorly and needed more time that morning I would have gladly waited, but I believe you insisted we go on. I try to make sure everyone is advised of decisions, but often we are so busy minding our own camping affairs we forget to make sure everyone is on the same page. I often go around and talk to each truck, but maybe that morning I didn't and/or that morning you guys slept in. We should have had a driver's meeting that morning to discuss route plans and any limitations that we need to accommodate that day - regarding truck or people/health issues.

That misunderstanding was also partly the group's fault as we took a 'short cut' that was decided after we left you, which we found out latter the Xeni G'Wet were not to impressed with.

A personal example for me when we camped down in the Bella Coola valley in the 'Yoda swamp' - I was ready to pull out and get back up on the Fraser Plateau -- as my body and joints were aching badly from the dampness of that weird place.

Let us learn from these experiences and remember it next time.

My $0.02 worth on that...

P1010898.jpg

pic-yoda.jpg

this is great! For once I'm not the instigator!

ex·pe·di·tion

Noun:
  • A journey or voyage undertaken by a group of people with a particular purpose, esp. that of exploration, research, or war.
  • The people involved in such a journey or voyage.
  • a pleasure trip; excursion
  • promptness in acting; dispatch
pleasure, hardship, wonder and reward - does not always come easy.

ex·pe·di·tion

Noun:

• purpose, esp. that of exploration, research, or war.

• All of my expeditions, are strickly for research. I am doing it all in the name of science as I try to find how many beer in the wilderness it takes to relieve the human body of stress!:hillbilly:

Axel, you're still up for the trip?

Send you a pm, Ronald.

Thanks, Jeremy.

Anyone who has a week off and wants to meet us on Sunday July 15th for the Taseko Lake portion of our trip ...

We can meet you at Bull Canyon Provincial Park (on Hwy 20) about 8 km west of Alexis Creek - we will be coming out (from the north) via Alexis Lakes FSR which intersects Hwy 20 midway between Bull Canyon and Alexis Creek. From there I suggest will go to the 'Anahim's Flat Reserve'for final fuel-up and minor supplies before heading to Taseko Lake (thus avoiding Lee's Corner /Hanceville - has the highest fuel prices on Hwy 20).

Timing to be discussed ...

(reference Map 23 of the Chilcotin Mapbook)

Map23.jpg

The Coastal Cruiser 2012 Chilcotin trip is coming up fast -- only 18 days away. So far we have Glenn, Gary T, Bill, Ronald, and Axel in the group. If anyone else is expecting to join us, now is the time to let us know.

Bring a raft, or at least pontoons, a scuba suit would be good, 5 gallons of mosquito repellent (each), might want to bring bags of concrete to mix with the overflowing rivers for instant bridge crossings too :D
You guys are going to have a wet and muddy trip, might not get as high in elevation as you're hoping.

Bring a raft, or at least pontoons, a scuba suit would be good, 5 gallons of mosquito repellent (each), might want to bring bags of concrete to mix with the overflowing rivers for instant bridge crossings too :D
You guys are going to have a wet and muddy trip, might not get as high in elevation as you're hoping.

Pardon my ignorence but how does that differ from every other Chilcotins trip? Rivers maybe a bit higher this year but are already dropping......no forest fires yet to chase you along the trail. No sure if you are trying to sell people on the trip or scare them away?

Have a great trip all who are going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom