Coalmont Work Day Nov 23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com

Just an FYI. If you have not heard of it Coalmont will be the newest off road park in the southeast. The TN guys have largely orchestrated its evolution and they are requesting volunteers to help clear brush and cut wood on Saturday 11/23.

I'm in. Going up Friday afternoon, Camping Friday, Saturday. Leaving Sunday.
:beer:

IMG_0914.jpg

Coalmont OHV Park’s first workday is approaching, Saturday November 23, 2019 at 9 AM.
The trees pictured are typical of what we need to clear from the Right of Way. We need experienced people with chain saws, people with trailers to haul the branches to burn pile on property and workers to load the trailers. Anyone that wants to camp Friday or Saturday nights may do so on the park property. There are no facilities, so it is primitive camping. We do plan to have a porta john on site for the workers and campers.
We will have a guided trail ride on Sunday, for those that stay Saturday night, to show you all the area we are going to develop into at trail system.
The park address is 2605 B Mine Rd., Tracy City, TN, if you enter this address into google maps it will be 2 miles down B Mine Road from park, but should show the park marker, so just continue on B Mine Rd. until you get to gates. The gates are the start of our ROW and that is the area we will be clearing. The park is another .8 of a mile.

We are going to have a lot of free firewood. If you or any of your friends need firewood bring a trailer

The forecast has changed to 100% rain through tomorrow afternoon. So we are rescheduling the work day to Saturday November 30 th .Same plan meet at the end of B Mine road, Tracy City at 9 AM.

REMINDER: Workday at the Coalmont OHV Park tomorrow, Saturday November 30. Current best guess is rain will not come in until late afternoon or evening, so hopefully we can get a lot of tree clearing done on the Right a Way. If you are experienced with a chainsaw please bring it, we also need people with trucks and trailers to haul the brush and limbs to burn area. We should have quit a bit of firewood for you take home. We will meet at 9 AM CST, at the end of B Mine Road, Tracy City.

IMG_0921.jpg

We had a productive workday Saturday, we cut down all the trees in the most heavily wooded area and hauled away most of the limbs. There is still a large quantity of firewood to be bucked up and hauled and more limbs to be hauled to the burn area. There are still several areas the have 2-3 trees each that need to be cleared before the fence can go up, we will be scheduling another workday in the future and post it on Facebook.
A big thankyou to those that showed up on Saturday to help with the project.

View attachment 2146691
We had a productive workday Saturday, we cut down all the trees in the most heavily wooded area and hauled away most of the limbs. There is still a large quantity of firewood to be bucked up and hauled and more limbs to be hauled to the burn area. There are still several areas the have 2-3 trees each that need to be cleared before the fence can go up, we will be scheduling another workday in the future and post it on Facebook.
A big thankyou to those that showed up on Saturday to help with the project.

sorry missed ths one, had plans for thxgiving already in place. Schedule the next one for mid Jan and I'm in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom