Coalmont OHV Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have started construction, have rented a Cat 3k dozer and 320 excavator and have a JD 850 dozer with rippers coming next week.
we have cleared a path around trailhead and will be putting up silt fence Saturday, May 9, l know this is short notice but We could use a few good men and women to help. We will uses dozer with blade angled to dig trench ,then roll out the fence and drive steaks into ground. We have about 4000 ft to
Install.

A12CAABA-ABA5-430E-9270-F173501EB86C.jpeg

Where, what dates, times etc?

We have started construction, have rented a Cat 3k dozer and 320 excavator and have a JD 850 dozer with rippers coming next week.
we have cleared a path around trailhead and will be putting up silt fence Saturday, May 9, l know this is short notice but We could use a few good men and women to help. We will uses dozer with blade angled to dig trench ,then roll out the fence and drive steaks into ground. We have about 4000 ft to
Install.

View attachment 2298505

Great to hear you guys are making progress! Not sure if I can assist, but let us know when you are planning on working.

Make sure to trench and backfill that silt fence per the specifications in the plans. That's a pain in the ass job, but one that needs to be done right so the local regulators don't bust your chops.

Damn, just looked at the club page this morning sorry I missed it. Any idea when the next work day is going to be?

We are putting up the 40x84 ft Pavilion that STLCA donated tomorrow. Asked for help on FB but have not received any reply’s. I know a lot of you are busy getting ready for GSMTR but if you have time we need a few extra hands. We will start at 8 AM cst

Work at the park continues, this weekend we had a crew working on the pavilion, they put in the cross bracing on the end trusses and installed more purlins. The contractor finished the outside walls on the Bathhouse, and we started graveling the parking lot.
Saturday December 5 th, weather permitting, we will have a workday to put up the remaining trusses and put the metal roof on the pavilion. We will have equipment to set the trusses but will need lots of help bolting everything in place and installing the remaining purlins, bring a screw shooter if you have one.
pavilion.jpg
Untitled.png

Workday is still on. Currently they are predicting 0-20% chance of rain. It will be cold, bring warm clothes.

Saturday December 19, we need a few hands, we need to finish putting up the pavilion purlins and gable ends. Sorry for late notice but they were forecasting rain but have moved it to the evening.

Not 100% sure if I can make it but I'll try.
:beer:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
Work continues at the park; the roof is going on the bathhouse and we are graveling the trailhead. We have several large construction projects remaining that will be completed by Southern Four-wheel Drive association construction volunteers, they include the septic system, improving the access road, installing 2 miles of water line and the RV hookups.
We hope to have the park ready to open by late spring or early summer.
We need volunteers to cut primitive camping spaces and trails. We are scheduling workdays and hope you can attend one or more and help. We will need people with chainsaws and brushcutters and people to move brush. The weather can be an issue this time of year, so if the forecast is for rain or extreme cold, we will cancel the workday, so please check this page before you head up.
The following are the currently scheduled workdays; January 16, January 30, and February 13.
Thank you to all the people that have helped so far and those that will help in the future.

Saturday January 16 workday is a go, weather forecast is for clear and dry. It will be cold so dress warm, bring your chainsaw if you have one and gloves. We will meet at the trailhead at the end of B Mine Rd., Tracy City, TN at 9 AM CST. Once you are on B Mine road keep going straight, it will turn into a dirt road and pass-through open gates, keep going and you will see the trailhead.

I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful spring day. The last 3 weeks of rain and winter weather have set our schedule back a little, but our dedicated group of explorers have found a few days decent enough to find and lay out a few more trails. We now have 6 new trails ready to be cleared and need volunteers with chainsaws, loppers or just a good pair of gloves to come help. This property was mostly clear cut about 8-10 years ago, so we will be cutting mostly sapling and brush, we have routed the trails around the remaining large trees.
The park construction is funded by a Recreational Trails Program (RTP) grant. The grant pays for materials and the big items, but most of the labor is expected to be accomplished by volunteers. We have a small very dedicated group of volunteers that have done a tremendous amount of work in the last year, they need of help with the labor-intensive work of cutting trails and would really apricate you help. We will have trail cutting workdays on the following Saturdays, March 6 and 20 and April 3. The dates will be rescheduled if the weather turns bad. You may camp at the park for the work weekend.

We had another great workday; 16 volunteers cleared trail one new trail, half of another trail and repaired a wash out on another trail. 4 Volunteers stayed at the trailhead and helped build the gable ends on the pavilion. A BIG THANK YOU to all those that showed up.
We have 6 more new trails mark and ready to be cleared. We hope we can count on your continued support. Our next scheduled workday is Saturday March 20, 2021, weather permitting. We will meet at the trailhead at the end of B Mine road, Tracy City at 8:30 AM central time. We need volunteers with chain saws, weed eaters with a blade, to clear the briars and people to drag the cut trees form the trails. We are routing the trails to avoid cutting any of the large trees, so smaller saws and even the battery powered ones will work fine. If you can’t make this workday, we have another workday scheduled for April 3.
9460F093-FA43-4089-82BA-727EA12A2658.jpeg
4B9F95AB-026E-4E32-BECB-486367F27A54.jpeg

B8693CBE-3E6E-4A44-A670-3E4E36C65D84.jpeg

IMG_26581.jpg

Mother nature was kind to us for last Saturday’s workday, we had a lovely spring day. We thank the six volunteers that showed up and worked on cutting two new trails.

The question we are most often asked is when the park is going to open. This park is being built with a Recreational Trails Program Grant (RTP) from the Federal Highway Department and administered by the State. This grant pays for the big items like the Bathhouse, and it pays for materials and equipment rental. The grant assumes that most of the labor will be done by volunteers, so the less volunteers we have the longer it will be before the park is open, we need your help.

Our next workday is Saturday April 3, 2021. We will be clearing trails and need people with chainsaws, weed eaters with blades and workers with gloves. We meet at the trail head at 9 AM CDT. The trailhead is located at the end of B Mine Rd., Tracy City. When you get to the end of the county road, keep coming up the gravel road.

The STLCA is asking all members to grab your gloves, saws, pruners and join us at the Coalmont OHV Park for a day of work. We'll be clearing campsites and trails. The STLCA will provide lunch and drinks for all volunteers that day. We will meet at the end of B Mine Rd Tracy City Tn Saturday April 10th at 9 AM CST.

If you attend the Coalmont work weekend Saturday April 10th, your name will be entered into a drawing for a free registration to GSMTR 2021. If you're already registered, we'll add 100 free raffle tickets to your current registration.

The April 24th work day at Coalmont has been canceled. We will reschedule for early May

IMG_1115.jpg
IMG_1118.jpg
IMG_1120.jpg
IMG_1123.jpg

The last couple weeks we have been working with equipment to connect several of the trails the volunteers have been cutting the last couple of months. Some of trails these required cutting shelf trails with switch backs to make loop trails. We have added four new loops including one that runs under the Rock House and past the waterfall and cave and one that runs from the Cove trail up Knight’s gulf and exits at the far east end of the park. We have two more to do this week on the west side of the trailhead, when it dries out from Saturday’s rain.

So now it is time to get more trails cut. We will have a trail cutting workday on Saturday May 8, we will meet at 9 am at the trailhead at the end of B Mine Rd, Tracy City. When you get to the end of the County road just keep coming another ¾ mile up new road. Please remember that B Mine road is narrow and posted at 30 MPH.

Bring a Chainsaw, a weed eater with a blade, loopers or just a pair of gloves, we will have work for everyone. And do not forget a lunch and Deet.

STLCA will continue the work on the primitive camping sites. Thanks to all that helped this weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom