Coal MIne Cruiser Classic 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

July 4-17 - that’s a long event! :)

this is taken right from their site.... the dates are updated but the body is the same as last year... i guess no changes and someone simply forgot to change the year ...
Site has been updated, typos all fixed, registration is now open.

noobie ?: do most of y'all stay through Saturday evening and leave Sunday morning, or bail after the Saturday evening bbq?

possibly last question: at twin groves, is there a favorite camping section that the CLCC trucks are coalescing around? I just checked out the site map and it looks pretty big.

possibly last question: at twin groves, is there a favorite camping section that the CLCC trucks are coalescing around? I just checked out the site map and it looks pretty big.
Generally the T sites on the upper right of the map. Very short walk to the bath house. The S and T cabins will house some of us, too.

@kevin in okinawa We usually camp in the tent sight circled in red and the cabins below.

0F9DB401-21ED-49D3-AF6B-33028BD5F00A.png

holy ***...$40 a day for a tent spot?!? Is there a place to sleep in my truck on the side of the road somewhere?

**edit: okay, it appears that there is a 'common camping area' for the CMCC event that is only $10/night? that sounds more like my budget, lol. I'm planning on arriving the evening of the 15th, so I hope there'll be a spot for my truck somewhere. :cool:

Last edited:
it appears that there is a 'common camping area'

Bite the bullet, get a tent spot, and split it with someone. I'm pretty sure the "common" area is on a slope and has minimal shade.

bullet, bitten; lol. I'm resting my weary bones at T-14. Not sure I'll be able to maintain this level of excitement until July but I'll try! I look forward to wheeling in America...it's going to be so different from wheeling in the jungle, starting with the absence of pit vipers and huge banana spiders.

Yep, the "common" area is pretty sunny all day IIRC and I can't recall if you can park at your tent there. Plus, it's a bit of a hike to escape that cluster of GCLC guys to get to the fun zone of the T's. You'll see the common area when you go to the registration cabin.

T sites easily accommodate 2 tents and trucks and they're shady when it matters most. Someone will post up before then looking to split with someone. Just don't admit how loudly you snore or scream out your night terrors. Right @iptman ?

They have security running around and questioning every one with 2 tents on one spot last year. We had to get all the spots. Anyway.
@kevin in okinawa you won’t regret it.

wait are camp sites all gone already?
still deciding on this event!
I meant to call them today and reserve a sight. I’ll try and remember to call tomorrow.

They have security running around and questioning every one with 2 tents on one spot last year. We had to get all the spots. Anyway.
@kevin in okinawa you won’t regret it.
Will the loud drunk blonde in cowboy boots be at the end of the tents agin this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom