Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2015 - July 15-18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Send me the logo in vector and what you want on it, and I'll get done.

Bill, are you a graphics and printing guy? If so let me know, I have a decent amount of work I need quoted/done for the business. If so, send me a PM with contact info please!

Thanks, Ben

Sorry Ben, I'm not. I have a local guy I barter with. I trade him decorative iron work for his printing capabilities.

As we get closer to June 15, don't forget that any registrations after that date will not include an event t-shirt. Extras will be ordered, but we can't guarantee your size will be available for purchase. Please don't wait... get those registrations in now!

See exerpt from Gotham (Mark W) email below.

Not sure where this leaves us tent campers! Maybe camping at Rausch? Anyone have more insight?

I don't recall what it looks like beyond the gate. The field where the trailers park is sloped if I recall.

Andy

SIX WEEKS!… It’s almost time for CMCC 2015!

I wanted to let you know about the cabin/camping situation at Twin Grove Campground this year so you can finalize your lodging plans if you have not already done so.

There has been some new construction going on at Twin Grove.

The good news is that there will be more of the Family Lodges available up top where we camp. The (maybe) bad news is that they are in the area that many of you have tent camped in the past.

see the map for reference:
http://twingrove.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/resortlayout.pdf

TENT CAMPING:

There MAY be some space around the family lodges that are occupied by CMCC folks - this will be entirely dependent on it being ok with the resident of the cabin to say if it is ok to camp in their area - please be considerate of their decision.

Down in and below the “trailer” area: I am told they will have that area mowed - you can tent camp there.

The former paintball area out behind the new A78 and A79 will NOT be available for camping

The land past the gate (near A78 on the map) and behind the upper Family cabins on the other side of the trees (where it says “NORTH” in red on the map) will be available to tent camp but you will not be able to drive back past that gate.

There are a few tent sites available, as of 1pm today, June 2. They are T9, T13, T18, T12 and T22. These are open to be reserved by anyone.

I saw this as well. I've never camped at Pine Grove before, but was thinking of doing a little recon before CMCC.

I'd like to think we could set up a Keystone Cruiser camp with room for all who are attending. I definitely don't want to have my camp in a different location than my rig.

Well, I just reserved the last three available tent sites, T9, T13, and T18. These are all sites with water and electricity.

Check in on Wednesday and check out on Sunday, $125 for the duration.

I'm not sure how big the sites are, but the map states that two vehicles are allowed per site. So I figure at least two tents per site???

Do any Keystone Cruisers want dibs on a site?

Not sure exactly where the "new" camping sites are but for sure a lot of the older tent spots are gone. they were lost when the campground built the new set of family cabins. had I known that family cabins would be availble to anyone but the Gotham City guys i'd have reserved one. They sleep a bunch of people and have bathrooms. I am staying with Bill Smith in a cabin he reserved awhile back, probably on the other side of the campground. Sounds far away from activities but it's not.

Greg- great move reserving camping spots- they'll surely be in demand.

For the first few years that the Twin Grove campground was the event center a number of the guys from VA stayed Rausch. Thankfully, as far as I'm concerned they changed their minds and for the last two years have been at the TG campground. For the price of a tent site you can't beat the shower and toilet facilities, they take very good care of them. The restaurant at the campground is also pretty good- we have a few meals there every year. They serve beer and liquor too. I love the place especially after enduring the bull**** and nazi tactics of the woman who ran the echo Valley campground for the early years of the event at rausch. She was nasty and that place sucked.

The tent sites are very small. We camped there for the bronco event last year. I'll post some pics when I get back to my computer.

This is disappointing news, the camaraderie around the campfire is arguably the best part of the event.

CLCC decided 2 years ago not to be antisocial and join the GCLC club at TG.
Myself and Brother Burl are going to see how it looks for tent campers and make an executive decision when we get there.
TG or Roush.

Upgraded to a cottage this year.

The field where the trailers park is sloped if I recall.
Andy

Along the tree-line the area is sloped, but does flatten out if I recall correctly.

had I known that family cabins would be availble to anyone but the Gotham City guys i'd have reserved one. They sleep a bunch of people and have bathrooms. I am staying with Bill Smith in a cabin he reserved awhile back, probably on the other side of the campground. Sounds far away from activities but it's not.

For the past few years, Mark has reserved a bunch of cabins/cottages for use the following year with the intention of transferring reservations to people that want one. I think he might still have some unclaimed if you want to get in touch with him.

Last edited:
@mryanangel rented a cottage, but will not be attending. It may still be available...

I wonder if their minds could be changed on opening and driving past the gate? If there is a field up there, that sounds like the ideal spot for HQ.

Not having a central spot for everyone to gather sounds like a bummer to say the least!

The land past the gate (near A78 on the map) and behind the upper Family cabins on the other side of the trees (where it says “NORTH” in red on the map) will be available to tent camp but you will not be able to drive back past that gate.

Well, I just reserved the last three available tent sites, T9, T13, and T18. These are all sites with water and electricity.

Check in on Wednesday and check out on Sunday, $125 for the duration.

I'm not sure how big the sites are, but the map states that two vehicles are allowed per site. So I figure at least two tents per site???

Do any Keystone Cruisers want dibs on a site?

Hi, I just registered and looking for a tent site, do you still have any of these sites available? Thanks.

We stayed there last summer for a Bronco event. Here is a photo of our tent site, T17. We were able to park the bronco, the cruiser and our big 6-person Coleman tent. You could get two trucks and two tents in but it would be a squeeze. The tent sites are really close together. Not our idea of fun camping, but it was fine for a few days for the event.

IMG_2373.JPG

T18 was right next to us and you can see it in the background of the pic. T9 and T13, if i recall correctly, might have been a bit larger, a bit less tree coverage and more sloped.

Hi, I just registered and looking for a tent site, do you still have any of these sites available? Thanks.

Two left, PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom