Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2013 - July 17-20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what's the plan for airing up when leaving the trails since we have a bit of a drive from the park to camp?
3-4 days of wheeling x about 20 trucks at 4tires per truck is a lot of air.
I only have a foot pump...

Will be rolling on 33s

Plans or ideas?

If Gotham is making us camp 20 miles away, I sure hope they raffle off a few Powertanks....maybe even one or two early, like on Wednesday or Thursday.

Actually, we should probably take stock of who has OBA and/or a CO2 setup:

StaleAle
VACruiser
Stumpalama
OffcamberFJ
MattMorty
TRFCSUX
Skrewball
Charlton (sorry, your MUD name is too hard to remember)
...anyone else?

Maybe someone with cargo room and an inverter in their tow rig can bring a decent sized compressor and just drive it and leave it by the Office at Rausch Creek ORP during the day? Actually, I think Rausch Creek has a compressor, do they charge to use it?

Last edited:
I have a York on the hooptie

I just load it on the trailer!

LIFE • HEALTH • PROSPERITY

If Gotham is making us camp 20 miles away...

We are not MAKING you camp anywhere in particular... but we would be sad to loose the pleasure of your company 'round the campfire!

Fact Check:
It is just under 13 miles from Rausch to Twin Grove (after you come down the hill from Rausch it is 9.5 miles from the Rt 81 entrance on Molleystown Road to TG).

Factoid:
It is 5 miles from Rausch to Echo Valley campground by the way... I think the extra 8 miles is WELL worth it. If you haven't been to Twin Grove you are in for a treat...

mark

Mark y-all probably posted the answer to this earlier. But!
Can we park our tow rig at the campsite or does it have to be parked els-ware?
I will be towing back and forth. And would like to keep my rigs close but if not I'll live.

I'll just drink more beer to calm the anxiety! :)

I will have my potable 12volt compressor. It is a little slow but works. There is a chance I will have a power tank set up too if I have time to get it together.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Mark y-all probably posted the answer to this earlier. But!
Can we park our tow rig at the campsite or does it have to be parked els-ware?
I will be towing back and forth. And would like to keep my rigs close but if not I'll live.

I'll just drink more beer to calm the anxiety! :)

There is a trailer parking area within view of the camping area, just down the hill.. It is not near any campers etc...

a GCLC member here from baltimore... RC has 2 air stations ( FREE of charge) near the office. I see people connect their own hose hooked to the air source/ or you can just use RCs.

I guess i was a slow reader... questions already answered at the end of the thread.

Last edited:
Ok guys, I think we should meet up at the same old Sheets gas station in Haymarket. Wednesday at 1:00 -1:30. Comments ?

I'm good with this. Family and I are rolling in the 100 pulling our camper. We are cool with moving slow.

Any chance someone has space on a trailer for our 40? Not planning on driving it, don't think the family would enjoy riding in it for the entire drive up.... :popcorn:

We can come up with a secondary meeting point for the guys that live in fairfax and Arlington. Like Topher and Matt and SamDo you remember where we meet before Chris ? I think it was just off 81 but I don't remember specific details

No matter to me. Pick it and i will be there

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Another metting place we've used is the McDonalds in Thurmont for those coming from the east.

I was not looking to change the original meeting place, just adding another stop further north to pick up more people.

Burl and I will be leaving wen. Probable late afternoon by the time I get all my junk around and loaded!

Please save spots for two tents for Mark Algazy and me. We will be coming up on Thursday as soon as Mark is satisfied that there's an even chance my 40 will make it there and back....

...I must have asked him too many stupid questions during my build. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom