Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2013 - July 17-20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like I'm out again this year and to beat all it's the same reason. 2nd grandson is due this time.

I'm planing on making it this year.

Looks like I'm out again this year and to beat all it's the same reason. 2nd grandson is due this time.

:eek:!!!!! Grandpa x2...congratulations. Is it Jamie's or Josh's?

Thanks, Josh's wife this time

Congrats again Grandpa.

Plane tickets have been booked!:bounce::bounce:

Ride from airport to event secured.:cool:

Now, the question is...camping in the park, or in the campground?:hmm:

Plane tickets have been booked!:bounce::bounce:

Ride from airport to event secured.:cool:

Now, the question is...camping in the park, or in the campground?:hmm:

Hazah! Hey, I'll get to personally thank you for the great job you did building my H41/42 transmision and sending it to me in Canada lo those few years ago.

We are partial to the park, but that's 'cause we like to sleep in.

Might jump in

Does the Capital Lancruiser Club have a convoy going up for this event? I am intersetd but would want to travel with other SLOW 40s if we didn't take the 100.

Suprised more folks are not in yet for this run.

We are locked in for GSMTR, look forward to meeting some new folks.

Butch

:popcorn:

I'll have to see if the 40 makes it throw GSMTR!
I'm planing on it I got the days off of work.

LIFE • HEALTH • PROSPERITY

Guys, do you think we should give the fancy campground a try this year? Showers ARE nice to have with that coal dust flying around. Also, we are a major contingent for this event and not having us at the official campground sort of messes up the comaraderi with our fellow Yankee Cruiserheads. I don't think the new campground will cramp our style because they put us out away from the families and RVs. However, those folks that are towing rigs have to think about loading and unloading each day or leaving their rigs at the park overnight. As far as sleeping in is concerned, the campground provides breakfast so I suspect the time saved not fixing and cleaning up breakfast will offset the extra 20 minutes of shut eye.

Think about it and post up. I'd like to give the new camp a try, but will stick with the group if you all decide otherwise.

PS - For those concerned about overnight security at the park, perhaps we can park the rigs and trailers in a way that blocks access to discourage joy riders or trailer thieves.

Last edited:
I'm open to the nice campground idea. Baby wipe showers only go so far. Prob make more friends when we don't smell like a dead animal.
How much is the campground per night?
I do think we missed out on the larger social aspects of the event last time.

It comes down to price for me.
Showers are over rated.
I'll camp were ever the majority decides. Hope to have Classic tags by them.

LIFE • HEALTH • PROSPERITY

According to the registration website:

"Primitive Camping at Twin Grove Campground in the CMCC common area is $10 per night for Adults, $5 per night for Children under 13. There is plenty of room for trailers, tow vehicles, etc. Bathroom facilities are next to the common camping area with showers, restrooms, and laundry facilities."

It comes down to price for me.....

If you dress the part, perhaps we can pass you off as someone's 13 yr. old daughter and get the kids rate. :D I think you might even get a free ticket to ride the Carousel.

My wife usually does not let me leave the house in my school girl dress.

This event looks doable for me and the family. We would prefer the nice camp ground, but do have a shower on our small trailer if the group would prefer the primitive feel. I don't charge much beer for use of the shower. :)

Will confirm once I check work calendar.

Butch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom