SOLD CO, USA - 81 BJ42 turbo diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
I got a BJ42 from our brethren up north about 7 years ago. It got a complete engine rebuild 77,000 miles ago, with a garrett turbo and a 5-speed from some BJ60.
The trans/xfer package came from spectre as rebuilt. I get about 23-24mpg no matter how I drive, highway or around town, but I usually treat my equipment well.
That tells me that the 4.10 gears are eating economy, and I'd bet some 3.73s would boost that a few mpg.

Location is near Castle Rock, CO

BJ42 7.jpg

00G0G_6atXUW9juiqz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00L0L_6XDtInCPb2vz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_IBsRNVlpNgz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_GvNPSOMwrz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Bug catcher doors just need new rubber and the bottoms patched. They have all the hardware and function great. One of the knobs is sitting on my desk, as i was trying to cast replicas. I also borrowed another cruiserhead's windshield vent knob so i can cast those as well. If anyone is in need, id have more motivation to prioritize those projects amongst the many underway.
I think someone is already making the bug catcher knobs for a reasonable price, that project may not be worth your efforts? I lust after your '64 patina 40, I keep coming back here hoping its gone so I can start lusting after something else. It's a good thing there is as much distance between us as there is, as I don't need another project in the waiting but probably wouldn't have the discipline to say no if it was closer. She'll make a fine rig for someone.

As far as I've seen, its a 3D printed replica. Personally, I dont really like 3D printed stuff. I think aesthetics suffer greatly, but theyd work for knobs and whatnot.
In the castings, You almost couldnt tell the difference between the original.

Thanks, it sure is a gorgeous machine. Wish I could manage to hold on to it. Somebody else will get to bring it back to life.

As far as I've seen, its a 3D printed replica. Personally, I dont really like 3D printed stuff. I think aesthetics suffer greatly, but theyd work for knobs and whatnot.
In the castings, You almost couldnt tell the difference between the original.

Thanks, it sure is a gorgeous machine. Wish I could manage to hold on to it. Somebody else will get to bring it back to life.
Dunno how they're made, but I'd shell out the $125 and move on with other more important things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom