SOLD CO, USA - 81 BJ42 turbo diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
I got a BJ42 from our brethren up north about 7 years ago. It got a complete engine rebuild 77,000 miles ago, with a garrett turbo and a 5-speed from some BJ60.
The trans/xfer package came from spectre as rebuilt. I get about 23-24mpg no matter how I drive, highway or around town, but I usually treat my equipment well.
That tells me that the 4.10 gears are eating economy, and I'd bet some 3.73s would boost that a few mpg.

Location is near Castle Rock, CO

BJ42 7.jpg

00G0G_6atXUW9juiqz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00L0L_6XDtInCPb2vz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_IBsRNVlpNgz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_GvNPSOMwrz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
How much for just the BJ42?

I would absolutely love to see someone fit the old patina body on the solid diesel's frame, but yeah, its not something i should be concerned about if I'm letting them go.
The goal is to finance a different project. $34k is an arbitrary number, but getting around there would be very helpful.

I keep getting asked to sell the cruisers separately.
Honestly, if someone wanted the BJ for $27k, that could work.
And probably $5k for the patina.

Last edited:
Bug catcher doors just need new rubber and the bottoms patched. They have all the hardware and function great. One of the knobs is sitting on my desk, as i was trying to cast replicas. I also borrowed another cruiserhead's windshield vent knob so i can cast those as well. If anyone is in need, id have more motivation to prioritize those projects amongst the many underway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom