For Sale CO, USA - 81 BJ42 turbo diesel $15k

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
I got a BJ42 from our brethren up north about 6 years ago. It got a complete engine rebuild 75,000 miles ago, with a garrett turbo and a 5-speed from some BJ60.
The trans/xfer package came from spectre as rebuilt. I get about 23-24mpg no matter how I drive, highway or around town, but I usually treat my equipment well.
That tells me that the 4.10 gears are eating economy, and I'd bet some 3.73s would boost that a few mpg.
The bucket seats are original, but need upholstery and foam. The jump seats are gone. Roll bar is nice.
Last summer, a saginaw setup was installed.

The steel wheels are the old OEM style 16" from city racer. (no hubcaps)
A bit more than half the tread left on the 5 duratracs 215/85R16, as I do 5 tire rotation every oil change at 4000 miles.
Currently, it has the 24v setup, but I do have a 12v diesel alternator waiting to be put in.
About a year ago, I changed out the radiator for an aftermarket 4-core copper version.

$15,000 price dropped
Location is near Castle Rock, CO

20200410_121904.jpg

BJ42 7.jpg

Last edited:

EWheeler

4 Cruisers, No Garage !
GOLD Star
Bug catcher doors just need new rubber and the bottoms patched. They have all the hardware and function great. One of the knobs is sitting on my desk, as i was trying to cast replicas. I also borrowed another cruiserhead's windshield vent knob so i can cast those as well. If anyone is in need, id have more motivation to prioritize those projects amongst the many underway.
I think someone is already making the bug catcher knobs for a reasonable price, that project may not be worth your efforts? I lust after your '64 patina 40, I keep coming back here hoping its gone so I can start lusting after something else. It's a good thing there is as much distance between us as there is, as I don't need another project in the waiting but probably wouldn't have the discipline to say no if it was closer. She'll make a fine rig for someone.

As far as I've seen, its a 3D printed replica. Personally, I dont really like 3D printed stuff. I think aesthetics suffer greatly, but theyd work for knobs and whatnot.
In the castings, You almost couldnt tell the difference between the original.

Thanks, it sure is a gorgeous machine. Wish I could manage to hold on to it. Somebody else will get to bring it back to life.

EWheeler

4 Cruisers, No Garage !
GOLD Star
As far as I've seen, its a 3D printed replica. Personally, I dont really like 3D printed stuff. I think aesthetics suffer greatly, but theyd work for knobs and whatnot.
In the castings, You almost couldnt tell the difference between the original.

Thanks, it sure is a gorgeous machine. Wish I could manage to hold on to it. Somebody else will get to bring it back to life.
Dunno how they're made, but I'd shell out the $125 and move on with other more important things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom