1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CO/NM/UT/AZ: Wanted 4x4 trails and bed for Sarah Turner on long trip

Discussion in 'Trails - Events - Expeditions' started by thelal, Mar 4, 2004.

1. thelal

thelal

Media:
    Ireland; USA (WA,CO, CA, CT), Scotland, London
    Had the opportunity (B&B and some 4x4) to help Sarah Turner out on her long trip.

She shipped her 93' BJ70 to Vancover from the UK and went N to Alaska. She had an article in Toyota Trials a few years ago when she went from west to east across Canada.

"...Alaska to Arizona: The ultimate roadtrip
    Sarah Turner from Hingham left the UK on Thursday 5 February, destined for Canada. She will spend six weeks driving 10,000 miles from Alaska to Arizona, raising money for Marie Curie Cancer Care. ..."

We (with some help from Mike Arron) did Gillespie Gulch, Walker Hill and Castle Gulch yesterday and had a good time. Her truck is very nice and well built up with mods.

Checkout trip report and latest on BBC web site
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/features/alaska/diary_home.shtml

She has left Longmont today and is heading thru Denver, Colorado Springs down to Sand Dunes and Four Corners (Mesa Verde). From there she was intending to head over to Moab (maybe via Durango or further south in NW) for some fun. From there south to maybe Grand Canyon and then long drive to Houston where her truck ships out.
    Lota maybes there as she has no fixed schedule and can be diverted via some fun trails, scenery and hospitality.

If anyone wants to contact her there is a link on BBC site for messageboard or I have her (satellite) phone if u wanna meet up.

Lal
    brendan.lally@mail.com

2. theferg

theferg

Media:
    So she'll probably be in Moab i a couple of days then...? I so, that's too bad. The Wasatch Cruiser Club is going to be down in Moab running trails next week beginning on the morning of Friday the 12th. Would be cool to have her along. We have all sorts of stock to modified rigs going down and will be running all types of trails from moderate to hardcore. If she somehow is able to hold off for moab till then, we will be meeting at the Movie Theatre down by McDonald's Friday morning at 9:00 MST and again Saturday morning at 9:00 MST.

-Ferg-

3. Jomama

Jomama

Media:
    Albums:
  4. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

where in AZ is she going to be i wouldnt mind meeting up with her even if ony for a little while. maybe some of the az people could meet up some place and wheel a bit?

mike

5. thelal

thelal

Media:
    Just got email from her and staying (in truck) in Gunnison tonight.
    Will give update once get her 'plans' (guess heading towards Moab via back roads - dependant on local snowfall).
    Expect she'll do AZ on back back (and dwon from Moab)

6. Hltoppr

Hltoppr

Media:
    Albums:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    [quote author=lx450landcruiser link=board=4;threadid=12539;start=msg115391#msg115391 date=1078457285]
    where in AZ is she going to be i wouldnt mind meeting up with her even if ony for a little while. maybe some of the az people could meet up some place and wheel a bit?

mike
    [/quote]

Yeah! I'm thinking a Broken Arrow run in Sedona would be fun for all! Scenic and stock cruisers (sans running boards with a good driver) can join in!

-H-

7. thelal

thelal

Media:
    Shes now (Fri night) still in Colorado but looking to be in Moab tomorrow.
    She indicates approx 2 days there on some trails and then heading south and onto Texas.

8. thelal

thelal

Media:
    Sarah's had some fun in Moab and now heading for Flagstaff

9. FJ40-GARAGE

FJ40-GARAGE I`ll be back....

Media:
    Albums:
    Sarah is back in the UK .

........ those Cruisers are way to fast ........ :D