SOLD CO - FJ80 3FE w/ 191k miles and recently rebuilt A440f (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Located in Gunnison Colorado.

I will be pulling this 3FE engine and transmission out of my FJ80 in the next couple weeks to do a 2uz engine swap. 3FE runs good and transmission is smooth. I just drove from Denver to Gunnison - the engine and transmission performed without a hiccup.

3FE Engine
- fully dressed with all accessories. Needs resealing, leaks oil at front and rear main and valve gaskets.
- compression test is good with all cylinders within 10 psi. Video below of starting, running, and then each cylinder being comp tested. I am at 8,000 ft altitude - hence the 125ish comp numbers.

A440f Transmission
- was rebuilt 12k miles ago to the tune of $2600 by Cottman Transmission in Denver
- have papers for the rebuild

$2200 for fully dressed engine with transmission.

*I have the airbox, ECU, and emissions equipment if you are looking to do a swap

IMG_8493.jpeg

IMG_8492.jpeg
IMG_8491.jpeg

IMG_8493.jpeg

Last edited:
Would consider trades of the following:
  • FZJ80 rear axle (disc brake variety) or complete E-locked set of axles.
  • 80 series sliders, rear bumper w/ swing out, or front ARB (or Ironman bumper).

Willing to ship?
Not wanting to ship the whole thing at this point because it is a lot of extra work/time. I am almost 3 hours away from a major freight terminal and don't personally have a commercial shop with forklift. If it is still around in a month, I might reconsider.

Shipping just the transmission would be easier and I am open to considering that.

Not wanting to ship the whole thing at this point because it is a lot of extra work/time. I am almost 3 hours away from a major freight terminal and don't personally have a commercial shop with forklift. If it is still around in a month, I might reconsider.

Shipping just the transmission would be easier and I am open to considering that.
Where in Colorado are you exactly?

Potential buyer was a no show on picking up the engine and I am wondering if it was actually some sort of scam deal... the buyers phone number stopped working on the day he was scheduled to pick up after not showing up for a week due to a rental truck breakdown. Google voice perhaps? All and all a weird deal because @Yotajeff was the one who put this guy in contact with me (supposedly his customer). EDIT: Talked to Yotajeff and he hasn't heard from his customer either and the guys phone number seems to be disconnected for him as well.

@tarpaigh send me a message if you are still looking. Engine with transmission is sitting and ready to be loaded.

Fully dressed engine with transmission is still available!

*Edited original post to bundle engine and transmission as one unit for sale.

Last edited:
A few pictures of the engine and transmission divorced from the cruiser and ready for a new home.

IMG_8760.jpeg

IMG_8761.jpeg

IMG_8764.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom