SOLD CO: 1993 Land Cruiser VX Limited - HDJ81 - Turbodiesel RHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Reposting:

Up for sale is my excellent 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser with the 1HD-T turbodiesel and right hand drive. I've taking it across the CO mountains and it runs and drives like a dream and easily pulls up hills. I purchased it this past summer but a brand addition to the family requires finances to be diverted from the toys. I worked with an importer who brought it here from Japan, so I'm the first owner in the USA. It has a clean and clear Colorado title ready to go, located in Fort Collins, CO. Mileage is 242k (converted from km)

This is this top of the line VX Limited; here's the specs:

- 1HD-T turbodiesel - runs excellent, starts instantly in the cold weather, incredibly clean engine bay
- Tire carrier
- Awesome factory Toyota roof basket
- OEM tire carrier
- Center console fridge/freezer
- Heated seats
- Power mirrors
- Headlight washers
- Altimeter/compass
- Right hand drive (get puzzled looks from other people at stoplights, takes all of a few miles to get used to)
- Complete factory tool kit
The body is incredibly straight and the paint is in excellent condition with no fading clear coat. The undercarriage, quarter panels, fenders, rockers, etc are all rust free. There are just a few small areas of rust on the bottom of the doors (see photos) and the rear hatch which has been mitigated (see photos). There is no rust anywhere else except the doors. I have a rust - free pair of passenger side doors in color that will be included in the sale that I never bothered to install because the rust is so minor. The price takes these imperfections into account. The underside was obviously coated at some point and is rust-free. The interior is essentially perfect except a couple burn holes in the seats. The engine sounds great and there's no leaks. This truck does not have F/R lockers.

I've done a "light" baselining of the truck that includes:

- Fresh oil/filter
- New front axle gear oil
- New t-case gear oil
- New rear axle gear oil
- New fuel filter
- New air filter
- New engine belts
- Timing belt done 60k ago (due at 100k, so still plenty of time left)
- A/C system has been converted to R134a
- New outer tie rod ends
- Fresh alignment
- Almost new set of Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires

Here’s a list of minor imperfections:

- Power antenna doesn't work (common 80 series problem)
- Driver's mirror won't fold sometimes
- Minor smoke at WOT at high elevation
- Missing hub caps
- Tire carrier open" dash light sometimes comes on (just needs to have a washer put under the switch)
- Adjustable rear shocks are tired and don't work
- Rear ladder missing one of the clips holding it to the hatch (still plenty strong)

$14,700 Mud price

Video at operating temp showing there's no major blowby:

Cold start with exhaust

Last edited:
this is a great price. honestly surprised it hasn't sold yet. guess the market's just not there right now.
GLWS!

this is a great price. honestly surprised it hasn't sold yet. guess the market's just not there right now.
GLWS!

Thank you, I think you're right. Every day she's still here it gets harder to think to selling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom