For Sale CO: 1989 HJ61 RHD Very Clean (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Color
rgb(0, 34, 255)
******NO LONGER FORSALE*******************Located in Breckenridge, CO I am thinking of selling my HJ61. Its a very clean mostly rust free truck.

This truck was imported through AUS to US a few years back and was used on a horse farm in Australia. Clear Colorado title in my name. This is a 12HT H55 5spd spec truck with a factory limited slip rear end. The truck has a 2.5" lift, brand new 33x10.5's, Brown Davis Long Range Fuel tank, 12 volt Dual battery set up, and Arb front bumper. The underside of the truck is extremely rust free but does have a couple small leaks that don't leave drips on the driveway.

The truck drives nice and has power windows, mirrors steering, boosted clutch, and power door locks (not currently functioning.)

I have recently installed rebuilt ND injectors and replaced a few seals on the top of the motor, Oil change, new fuel filter, and belts.

1 brand new battery

Smokes a little on start up especially when is cold but will start with no problem in negative temperatures.

Truck is in original paint and it will need a windshield and some touch up work to an area of the paint below the passenger side of the windshield-some rust showing there.

The truck will likely need a tcase rebuild after as the front output seems kind of rough, but it is currently functional and works.

The 12HT is an incredible motor and pulls very strong even over the continental divide at over 13,000'. Cooling system is strong and works as it should.

It does get some oil in the intake and I have narrowed it down to the turbo being slightly leaky, I have a factory rebuild kit to go with it. I checked the end play of the impeller shaft and it appears to be within spec.

Truck is equipped with a Turbo Timer that is adjustable to run at different lengths of time. Factory glove box instructions actually call for letting the vehicle idle after long pulls so this is great.

Has a carpeted dash cover but the dash pad is perfect under the cover. Seats are in nice shape as is the carpet and head liner.

I have been driving this very frequently and its a pleasure. I have never owned a Toyota with this kind of power.

Generally getting between 18-19MPG's

Let me know whats questions you have, 315kms asking $20K obo. Would consider trading for a 200 series, cash on my end for the right one.

Thanks, Steve

IMG_7693.JPG

IMG_7820.JPG

IMG_7821.JPG

IMG_7822.JPG

IMG_7823.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Steve, interested in the HJ61! I couldn't quite tell by the pictures, is it equipped with air conditioning? How badly does the RMS leak? Thanks, Ryan.

Yes it has AC. Rear main weaps oil. Not drastic. Let me know what other questions you have. Thanks.

Bump, I do have some short videos of the truck starting and running on the google drive. PM me if you want me to share them.

Last edited:
I saw this truck a few weeks ago. Very solid, pulls strong, accurately represented. Did not see any leaks, FWIW.

Do you have compression numbers?
John I do not. It takes a special tool for the 12HT and removal of the injector Since its directly injected and does not have glow plugs. I do not have this tool.

John I do not. It takes a special tool for the 12HT and removal of the injector Since its directly injected and does not have glow plugs. I do not have this tool.

Gotcha, no worries. I am interested in that cold start video though, I’ll PM you my email

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom