SOLD CO: 1976 FJ40 - mustard yellow with soft top (factory bows) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
rgb(255, 191, 0)
1976 FJ40 For Sale

This cruiser is rebuilt mechanically and is a solid driver. Has OEM soft top bows (imported) and a decent soft top (no hard top). It will either need some “patina preservation” to preserve its current look or a paint job.

I am located in Gunnison, CO and I am looking to sell the cruiser in person. Sorry if that is a disappointment for you.

Lots of work done over the past year with a lot of Toyota parts:

ENGINE
later model 2F engine installed (from FJ60), head was rebuilt with oversized Chevy valves
new water pump, fan blade, thermostat, coolant and vacuum hoses, PCV
new carburetor, ignition coil, plugs and wires,
new gas tank, fuel pump, fuel filter, rubber fuel lines
late style 2F alternator and electronic distributer (from FJ60)

DRIVETRAIN
new clutch kit, new slave and master cylinders
transmission and transfer case has new output flanges, transfer case has 2.3 low range instead of common 1.99
front axle fully rebuilt with new seals and bearings (kit from Cruiser Outfitters)
rear axle has new gaskets on 3rd member
fresh oil in transmission, transfer case, and axles

BRAKES
new master cylinder and rubber lines
front has new calipers and rotors
rear drum calipers and shoes were replaced by previous owner before it was parked

SUSPENSION
new 2.5” Procomp springs and shocks
new bushings and u-bolts

BODY
Was previously spray painted white. I stripped all of the spray paint to find out it was re-sprayed yellow at some point in its life (with primer over the factory paint).
Rust was cut out on fenders, new sheet metal was welded in, and is painted in primer with a sealer coat.
Replaced rear quarter panels and painted in primer with a sealer coat.
Doors are sourced from another cruiser to match the original paint (they are re-painted yellow). They have some rust along the bottoms and need new seals.
The tub floor and wheel wheels have some rust. I did not replace the rear sill because there was still a lot of metal there and I did not want to get into replacing the floor of the tub.

INTERIOR
Stripped and scrubbed down. Applied rust converter to the floor.
New front seat upholstery from Cruiser Corps

soft top bows (imported OEM)
teq canvas top

What it needs:
It has old 31x10.5 BFG tires that have near new tread, but are dry rotted. Therefore, it is in need of new tires.
The oil pan slowly leaks at the skid plate welds (a quart every 6 months). I am including a new factory oil pan gasket.
The windshield wiper motor needs attention - I assume just rebuilt.

IMG_5047.jpeg

Last edited:
PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom