CNN Breaking news. Schapelle Corby

I know there has been some debate on what this young ladies fate should be. Well I just got the CNN breaking news email about it. :rolleyes:

-- Australian Schapelle Corby has been found guilty on drug charges by an Indonesian court, sentenced to 20 years jail Watch CNN or log on to http://edition.cnn.com for the latest news. :doh:

Register now for FREE* access to CNN news coverage on your mobile.

Simply text 'CNN' to +44 7786 20 40 60 or click here for
information: http://edition.cnn.com/mobile/cnnmobilenews/index.html

*Use of the application will incur your normal operator GPRS tariffs. No other subscription charges apply.

To unsubscribe from CNN.com's International Breaking News E-Mail Alert, click here:
http://cgi.cnn.com/m/clik?e=collection_planning@DIGITALGLOBE.COM&l=asiabreakingnews

Go to http://edition.cnn.com/email to

(c)2005. Cable News Network, LP, LLLP.
A Time Warner Company.
All Rights Reserved.

Jonathan_Ferguson

★ is in the wrong locale

usmcruiser said:
I know there has been some debate on what this young ladies fate should be. Well I just got the CNN breaking news email about it. :rolleyes:

-- Australian Schapelle Corby has been found guilty on drug charges by an Indonesian court, sentenced to 20 years jail Watch CNN or log on to http://edition.cnn.com for the latest news. :doh:

Register now for FREE* access to CNN news coverage on your mobile.

Simply text 'CNN' to +44 7786 20 40 60 or click here for
information: http://edition.cnn.com/mobile/cnnmobilenews/index.html

*Use of the application will incur your normal operator GPRS tariffs. No other subscription charges apply.

To unsubscribe from CNN.com's International Breaking News E-Mail Alert, click here:
http://cgi.cnn.com/m/clik?e=collection_planning@DIGITALGLOBE.COM&l=asiabreakingnews

Go to http://edition.cnn.com/email to

(c)2005. Cable News Network, LP, LLLP.
A Time Warner Company.
All Rights Reserved.
All of todays proceedings was Live on several Television Stations. :doh:
And a fine of Rupiah 100,000,000($13,862.79) to be paid within the next six months.

HZJ60 Guy

Tank Buster
She's lucky to stay alive.

Although as soon as she starts her 20 year sentence she might wish that

she was dead....

89GASHOG

Ridiculous! Thanks for reminding me of another good reason not to visit Bali. Just say "NO!" to supporting the tourism economy of a country with such an outrageous punishment for trafficking in the flowering tops of a plant.

89GASHOG said:
Ridiculous! Thanks for reminding me of another good reason not to visit Bali. Just say "NO!" to supporting the tourism economy of a country with such an outrageous punishment for trafficking in the flowering tops of a plant.

I've been to Bali. I didn't break their laws. I stayed out of jail. I enjoyed my stay. What's so hard to understand? Break the law of the governing country and be punushed by their standards.

jeff

i agree that there is more to this case than meets the eye.

i just find it funny that the australian public is up in arms about this, but turn a blind eye to the hundreds of people we're holding illegally (asylum seekers)... i still recon there's a chance she's guilty

just had to

sorry

Yes its also really easy to believe ... " that the sniffer dogs at our airport had been searching for baby powder because baby powder had been substituted for cocaine by mistake in the training of the dogs"... sure Ned Kelly had 3 heads also. Shows the world what a joke our airports are or how endemic corruption is there.If that could not be picked up here before the plane left it goes to show how easy it would be for a terrorist to send a bomb on a plane through Australia.Also believe they only ship coke by plane not grass.

OZCAL

Yep- everyone I talk to here is horrified for her, but agrees (1) that she isn't squeaky clean and (2) there may be more fallout to come regarding investigations of behind the scenes smuggling operations at Australian airports.

i lost the link to it, but her dad was arrested for running drugs for a biky gang, and there are suspisions that her brother is some form of "mobster" in indo... not what the media have been force feeding us.

and they usually don't search for drugs on domestic flights too often, and definately don't give 2 hoots about drugs leaving australia.

it's a different sniffer dog for drugs to bombs...

Bad-religion-au I feel very reassured that certain handlers can only be bribed to ship drugs and nothing else, get real mate. Once you enter into that crap you will only get deeper and deeper with no way out.Do you really think they will say ,thanks for helping out we wont bother you again. I feel for all the honest workers who will be viewed with suspicion after this. The majority are hardworking decent people doing the best they can for their company and their families and would never even entertain the idea of anything associated with this.

HZJ60 Guy

Tank Buster
Some years ago two Dutch 19 year olds (I think) were caught bringing in hash (I think again) into Malaysia. They were tried, convicted and put to DEATH in short order!

The Dutch gvt. and people freaked the phuk out.

Like plainolejeff said, "Dont break their laws" Ive never been to jail because you have to WORK overtime to go there.

Not a lot of sympathy here.

bigbrowndog said:
Bad-religion-au I feel very reassured that certain handlers can only be bribed to ship drugs and nothing else, get real mate. Once you enter into that crap you will only get deeper and deeper with no way out.Do you really think they will say ,thanks for helping out we wont bother you again. I feel for all the honest workers who will be viewed with suspicion after this. The majority are hardworking decent people doing the best they can for their company and their families and would never even entertain the idea of anything associated with this.
never said the handlers would only do drug shipping... although it's a big step up from a few kg mull to an incineratary device...

not everythin in the story ads up... on either side.

And the verdict came down after Australia Gave 100's of millions of dallors in releif aid to Indonisia (sp).

Also the Bali bombing took the life of 88 Ausies I believe. The orcistrator (sp) of the bombing was sentanced to 2 years in jail.

I guess Bali is using the same line of logic while handing down sentences, as the Arab extremists do when they justify cutting off someones head as just retaliation for putting underwear over a prisoner combatants head.

Even if the women did smuggle some dope in, something is not right when a BOMBER only getts 2 years compared to her 20.

Maybe their system is based on Race/Religion/National orgin.

Jonathan_Ferguson

★ is in the wrong locale

loquito said:
And the verdict came down after Australia Gave 100's of millions of dallors in releif aid to Indonisia (sp).

Also the Bali bombing took the life of 88 Ausies I believe. The orcistrator (sp) of the bombing was sentanced to 2 years in jail.

I guess Bali is using the same line of logic while handing down sentences, as the Arab extremists do when they justify cutting off someones head as just retaliation for putting underwear over a prisoner combatants head.

Even if the women did smuggle some dope in, something is not right when a BOMBER only getts 2 years compared to her 20.

Maybe their system is based on Race/Religion/National orgin.
What I really like, is that it has been reported in the Media, that People are wanting refunds of their Money they gave for the Tsunami. :D

just goes to show you howshallow people are... wanting donations back because some hairdresser gets done with pot...

the people that needed that aid didn't have a thing to do with the dumb woman...

With all the unknown facts ie not fingerprinting the bag, no transport weights , witnesses disallowed etc its a pretty bad enditement on a country. The Indonesians who were cheering were probaly the same scum that was burning the Oz and Yankee Flags after Timor.Over 100,000 + East Timorese butchered, women and kids included and not a T.N.I. Officer was convicted. Seems the U.S.A. is going to resume arms sales to them again.Seems a lot more will get their ten virgins as a reward as they blew up another 40 Christian Indonesians yesterday.

Top Bottom