Events/Trails CMCC 2021 Registration closes June 30th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The trailer parking area slopes to the side quite a bit so I wouldn't want to sleep there. The dirt road through the trailer area is at an incline and you might have trouble getting a trailer that large in there, even with 4WD. Your best bet would be to rent a trailer spot.

The trailer parking area slopes to the side quite a bit so I wouldn't want to sleep there. The dirt road through the trailer area is at an incline and you might have trouble getting a trailer that large in there, even with 4WD. Your best bet would be to rent a trailer spot.

It's been a few years since I've been to twin Grove, but I don't recall any incline that steep. You're referring to that parking area downhill of the primitive camping area and small cabins right?

That's the place. I usually had to use 4WD in my Tundra to get my 40 on a car trailer up the incline. Maybe lots of skinny pedal would work for you.

9:00.
We will probably still be in camp @ 9:00. If you go straight to AOAA there will still be people in the parking lot at 9:00.
I will be there in plenty of time then on that Thursday morning to arrive, set up, and head to the AOAA site! I did my preventive maintenance this weekend, got my spare tire mounted in the back; found out my rear winch just clicks/no work. Tightened up not-so-tight bolts and screws, yada, yada, yada...I'm ready. :cool:

hj61 engine.jpg

Any other groups caravanning up there? I’ll probably head up Thursday at some point but nothing solid yet

I'm planning to head up Wednesday afternoon.

Did I see you today on 229?

Just completed the AOAA waiver, wasn't there also something for Coal Miner? Trying to remember if I already did that or not.

Also AOAA offers 3day pass for $60

so I see that GCLC club has a cb radio as part of the required safety gear. I don't have one; cb radios are illegal in Japan (where I've been lurking for since last century). Any of you have an older model (and I mean the handheld type, not a head unit with external antennae) that you upgraded from that you are willing to part with for a good used price? If not, what are your recommendations for a cheap one that will work when I need it to. TIA!

so I see that GCLC club has a cb radio as part of the required safety gear. I don't have one; cb radios are illegal in Japan (where I've been lurking for since last century). Any of you have an older model (and I mean the handheld type, not a head unit with external antennae) that you upgraded from that you are willing to part with for a good used price? If not, what are your recommendations for a cheap one that will work when I need it to. TIA!

If you plan on wheeling with club members we don't use CB. A GMRS or cheap HAM will do the job. Baofeng is the cheapest option to go if you want a radio that can be set to run on channels the club uses.

Also there's a good chance someone from our group will be able to loan you one if don't get one in time. If you get a Baofeng, they are real easy to program and get setup with club channels.

The club has 12 “loaner” radios for events. They are currently living with Stump.
I’ll get them from Stump before CMCC.

Matt will be staying in John V's Love Shack so I'll have room for another tent on T18 if anyone is still homeless.

Matt will be staying in John V's Love Shack so I'll have room for another tent on T18 if anyone is still homeless.
Looks like there might need to be an update to this shirt to say coal miner for that poor soul
Screenshot_20210707-200142_Chrome.jpg

I said room for another tent, NOT room in my tent!

Charlton got a cabin so I am Subletting his tent space T22.

Last edited:
I will be there in plenty of time then on that Thursday morning to arrive, set up, and head to the AOAA site! I did my preventive maintenance this weekend, got my spare tire mounted in the back; found out my rear winch just clicks/no work. Tightened up not-so-tight bolts and screws, yada, yada, yada...I'm ready. :cool:

View attachment 2715994
And luckily? Discovered that my thermostat has decided to stay shut. Probably 32 yrs old so who am I to judge lol. Cruiser Outfitters had one and it should be here Monday. Yesterday was prep day, and I promptly Snapped off the first bolt of the thermostat housing. Got new bolts from autozone and was able to get my “new, most favorite vice grips ever” to latch onto the shaft and persuaded it to turn after soaking in PB Blaster (I’m a new convert to).
Recapped the leaky rear heater lines where one had developed a pin hole north of the hose clamp; good timing to have the coolant drained 🤓.

serviced the front winch. Drained the most god-awful smelling oil from the case, refilled with gear oil 75/90. Wretched smelling stuff. Performed a deep bury splice on the synthetic line to remove a knot. Thanks to YouTube. From Amazon Just ordered an albright contactor 24v (genuine it claims) for $75 bucks. The oe solenoids have been getting warm I think. I’ve been busy getting roadtrip worthy!

this goofoff degreaser is the s***! That, then simple green got all those shiny bits from greasy grime. I didn’t even know the 12ht decal was on the valve cover!

2F5AAA48-9046-4242-89F1-000E350A15F4.jpeg

2BB142C3-EE66-4E8F-B545-6F80B80DF486.jpeg

F70A4288-33EB-41A1-A5D4-05B411D435E1.jpeg

E53F4329-5CBB-4D7D-A0EF-4FEDA3F0472A.jpeg

85224A82-8372-4890-A173-80121ECB4D65.jpeg

90A6204A-F29B-4576-BDF4-2C1F0DA2C1B5.png

F2E12EEF-FFF5-4EF1-9799-E84283E442EB.jpeg

F565C634-ED23-4B61-82B7-80CF73F2F28B.jpeg

228D6148-4161-44F8-B9E8-1C9B7234502B.jpeg

I got my green 80 prepped and half packed last night. Woke up this morning to coolant AND power steering fluid under the truck, of course as I’m heading out of town for the day. Just got back home and am frantically prepping and packing my stock white ‘96 LX instead, now. At least it’s on fresh springs and 305’s. Gotta hit the road to VA tomorrow around noon and have some appointments before then. I’m not pleased. I guess I’ll enjoy the greens and blues. Maybe ride with somebody on blacks one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom