CM07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks like this is the HDC contingent for CM2007 ...

Steve H.
David L.
Mike M.
Mike B.
Evan + Chris + Maudie
Vince
Dan
Onur
and Me

Anybody else?

You can add me.

I'll be a vagabond until I hear that I can go on the runs. Onur and I just talked and we may share the runs. He can only go on Saturday and I will have Thurs, Fri. We'll see what the powers that be say.

Anyway, I'm leaving on Tuesday for the festivities.

Graham

I will have an empty seat on Thursday.

Typically there are lots of empty seats...

Hey gents:

Since I am coming later (will arrive on Friday), if anyone needs anything--parts, fluids, camping stuff, food, alcohol--let me know, and I will take care of it and bring in the care packages.

IIRC, even if Dan isn't at American Toyota, we can still get the MUD discount, so if ya break anything, let me know....I've got spares or I can pick stuff up.

See you all Friday.
-onur

Um,

Most of the breakable bits will already be in my truck.;)

I'm gonna have a full front rebuild, with birfs, spindles, drive flanges and inners. as well as rear FF bits and some other odd's 'n ends.....:grinpimp:

Um,

I'm gonna have a full front rebuild, with birfs, spindles, drive flanges and inners. as well as rear FF bits and some other odd's 'n ends.....:grinpimp:

Ok, fine, be that way....:flipoff2:

So, you are cooler than the rest of us...meih!

;)

See you on the trail Saturday Mr. Fins Gunner.
-o-

Since I never posted my trail assignments, here they are:
Thursday May 3rd: Steel Bender
Friday May 4th: Kane Creek Canyon
Saturday May 5th: Cliff Hanger

Looks like I'm with Pappy and Steve Saturday.

We'll be going with the 550 group - I think we were talking about leaving at 9:00 but 8:00 is fine too. According to my map program it's a half hour less time from Rio Rancho via 550 than west Albuquerque via 491, but 550 is also 4 lane vs. 2 lane on 491.

According to MapQuest it's:

My house to Gallup to Shiprock: 3hr 48min, 227 miles
(6hr 26min, 382 miles to Moab)

My house to Farmington to Shiprock: 4hr 19min, 218 miles
(6hr 57min, 373 miles to Moab)

See ya at 550/528 Wed morning, but can I lobby for an 8am start?

I'd personally rather go through Durango - I think it's a nicer drive and we miss all the Bloomfield to Farmington congestion, particularly since a bunch of 550 *north* of Bloomfield is now 4-laned. When you look at statistics 4 lane is incredibly safer than 2 lane - plus no problems with slow traffic.

However, it's not a big deal.

We're open as far as an 8:00 vs. 9:00 start as well.

I can easily make the 9AM start but I will be taking Ross to school on Wednesday morning so that means I leave the Juan Tabo & Montgomery area at 7:30am.

I can catch up to the group; probably before San Ysidro or Cuba so I would vote for the main group leaving at 8AM and I will keep in contact with Steve while I bring up the rear.

-Mike-

10-4 - that's probably only 30 minutes that time of day anyway - against traffic.

Um,

That reminds me ... I need to pack my spare inners.

Jon

Christo's New Creation

I've been doing maintenance and fine tuning on my truck for the last two days. I think I'm about as ready as I'm going to get.

I forgot to mention - here's a little tidbit that will give you something to look forward to in Moab - as if we needed anything else! I talked to Ben at Slee the other day and he told me a little about Christo's new creation. He's built a 100 series with a solid axle swap. It's a "hybrid" front axle with 80 series parts, but not a stock 80 axle. It's using primarily 80 series front suspension, with Slee's six inch springs.

It sounds very cool and I can't wait to see it. Maybe he'll trade me straight across for my 80!

Evan

I've been doing maintenance and fine tuning on my truck for the last two days. I think I'm about as ready as I'm going to get.

I forgot to mention - here's a little tidbit that will give you something to look forward to in Moab - as if we needed anything else! I talked to Ben at Slee the other day and he told me a little about Christo's new creation. He's built a 100 series with a solid axle swap. It's a "hybrid" front axle with 80 series parts, but not a stock 80 axle. It's using primarily 80 series front suspension, with Slee's six inch springs.

It sounds very cool and I can't wait to see it. Maybe he'll trade me straight across for my 80!

Evan

It's been a popular thread in the 100 series section (finally some real tech from these guys)....

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=146422

Ok guys, Onur worked some magic.

Since he is only showing for the Saturday run, I got his Thursday (Porcupine Rim) and Friday (Wipe-out Hill). Details to be worked out tomorrow.

See you guys in Moab.

G

Great. When are you leaving?

Ok guys, Onur worked some magic.

Since he is only showing for the Saturday run, I got his Thursday (Porcupine Rim) and Friday (Wipe-out Hill). Details to be worked out tomorrow.

See you guys in Moab.

G

No magic. Just a nice long phone conversation with Jeff Zepp (one heck of a nice guy) and a solid cruiserhead.

He felt the pain of wasting two days of trails and was happy to pass along my days off to Graham...

Unfortunately, Graham will have to incur body damage and will go by the name of "Onur" for Thursday and Friday.

:grinpimp: :flipoff2:

Cutting It Close

I should have my repaired driveshaft today and bolted on tonight. Then I can pack. I'm ready, soooo ready.

I see Steve, Mike M., Mike B., and me meeting at 8am at 550/528. Right? Vince and David are coming from the north. Evan et al. are going through Gallup on Wed. Onur, Dan, and Graham are leaving other days.

Gonna be a good CM.

I feel like a 6 year old waiting for Christmas. :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

-Mike-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom