CM07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like to get that yahoo group also. The group up here is getting set up with 2m radios too. I've been a ham for a long time, but never very active.

Bob,
You have PM.
-Mike-

Right now the plan for the ABQ group is to meet at 550/528 at 6:00am on Wednesday. OK, just kidding on the 6am, it's really 9am, but Mike M suggested he might be there at 8am.

My old lady and I will be rolling in Friday AM and will be staying at Slickrock with IBCRUSN and his wife Wendy (they are rolling in from KS).

I'm riding with them on Friday and wheeling my truck on Saturday--Fins...

See you all there.

-o-

We'll be taking a different route up on Wednesday with Chris and Maudie. We'll leave about 9:00 AM and head west on I-40 and then north at Gallup. We'll try calling you guys on the cell phone around Cortez and see who's ahead at that point.

Just FYI - my cell is 238-7226. Also, I've got Verizon and the coverage around Moab was pretty good. BUT, there were voicemails that others left for me that didn't show up until I got back to Abq. If you get voicemail, feel free to leave a message, but maybe try back again later just to make sure.

Evan

Verizon is pretty good around Moab. I had service from the top of Elephant Hill.

We'll be going with the 550 group - I think we were talking about leaving at 9:00 but 8:00 is fine too. According to my map program it's a half hour less time from Rio Rancho via 550 than west Albuquerque via 491, but 550 is also 4 lane vs. 2 lane on 491.

According to my map program it's a half hour less time from Rio Rancho via 550 than west Albuquerque via 491, but 550 is also 4 lane vs. 2 lane on 491.

Key words ... Rio Rancho. For those of us that live off I-40, Gallup is faster. I'll see the group at 550. There is no way I'm keeping up with an 80.

Jon

From Unser and I-40 to Shiprock it's 215 miles via 550, and 230 via 491 (according to my Delorme Street Atlas).

It might be slightly longer, but no Albuquerque, no Rio Rancho, no Farmington, and no Bloomfield. I've timed it several times. It's faster for me to go I-40.

I lived in Farmington from 2002 - 2004 and traveled to Albuquerque many times during that time. My destination in Albuquerque was usually my in-law's house which is near Academy and Wyoming so it made more sense to take 550. I never took 491 but I did drive 371 through Crownpoint once. It's a 2-lane and the road surface was so rough that I vowed never to take that route again. 550 is a dream to drive on (good job Steve) and the 4 lanes helps keep people moving through the hill areas where the big trucks (and FJ60s) slow down to 45. It does make sense that even though the 491 route adds 15 miles, not having to slow down through Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Bloomfield and Farmington and the 75 mph limit on I-40 probably easily compensate for the extra distance.

It looks like this is the HDC contingent for CM2007 ...

Steve H.
David L.
Mike M.
Mike B.
Evan + Chris + Maudie
Vince
Dan
Onur
Graham
and Me

Anybody else?

Last edited:
It looks like this is the HDC contingent for CM2007 ...

Steve H.
David L.
Mike M.
Mike B.
Evan + Chris + Maudie
Vince
Dan
Onur
and Me

Anybody else?

We could have a surprise "attendee" plus I am still waiting to hear if Janet is going to make it. We need someone to liven things up a bit. She's trying to get a baby sitter and won't know 'till Sunday or Monday.

-Mike-

We could have a surprise "attendee" ...

Schhhh, you can't tell. It needs to be a surprise.

... plus I am still waiting to hear if Janet is going to make it. We need someone to liven things up a bit. She's trying to get a baby sitter and won't know 'till Sunday or Monday.

I thought Greg volunteered for that job.

Jon

Hey gents:

Since I am coming later (will arrive on Friday), if anyone needs anything--parts, fluids, camping stuff, food, alcohol--let me know, and I will take care of it and bring in the care packages.

IIRC, even if Dan isn't at American Toyota, we can still get the MUD discount, so if ya break anything, let me know....I've got spares or I can pick stuff up.

See you all Friday.
-onur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom