clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ive been experiencing a tired thow-out bering in my clutch, resulting in whirring when the pedal is depressed.
i know this can continue quite a while, but eventually will need replacment.
my question is: Am i doing any harm waiting? i cannot afford a major repair now, and am unable to do it myself. I know, though, it would make sense to do a whole clutch, while im at it. I just dont want to find out that doing it later will result in alot more problems.
thanks

The worst that can happen will be a sudden failure of the clutch rather than the gradual failure that normally preceeds a dead clutch.

my bearing was doing the same thing,and imagine my surprise when i finally took it apart and found there was no more bearings left in the throwout,just the race that used to hold bearings!!!everything still worked though,just made a really evil sound when the clutch was depressed.no damage to anything else,but if i was you i would get under there and tear it apart soonest.

I have this same whine on my fj60 for 30,000 miles. I've talked to three honest mechanics, one is a cruiser guy. All agree that it won't fail suddenly. The whine has not gotten louder, so I keep driving...I keep hoping I can do a HF55 install along with a clutch job...but maybe I'll just do the clutch next summer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom