clutch

Visit site
ive been experiencing a tired thow-out bering in my clutch, resulting in whirring when the pedal is depressed.
i know this can continue quite a while, but eventually will need replacment.
my question is: Am i doing any harm waiting? i cannot afford a major repair now, and am unable to do it myself. I know, though, it would make sense to do a whole clutch, while im at it. I just dont want to find out that doing it later will result in alot more problems.
thanks

73fj

Tho at sumbitch in ayer!
Visit site
my bearing was doing the same thing,and imagine my surprise when i finally took it apart and found there was no more bearings left in the throwout,just the race that used to hold bearings!!!everything still worked though,just made a really evil sound when the clutch was depressed.no damage to anything else,but if i was you i would get under there and tear it apart soonest.

lovetoski

SILVER Star
Visit site
I have this same whine on my fj60 for 30,000 miles. I've talked to three honest mechanics, one is a cruiser guy. All agree that it won't fail suddenly. The whine has not gotten louder, so I keep driving...I keep hoping I can do a HF55 install along with a clutch job...but maybe I'll just do the clutch next summer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom