1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by DenverCruiser, Mar 9, 2004.

1. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

OK well I can now get a new clutch for my 69' with stock three speed. Where should I get one? CCOT, Spector, JT........? I obviously want the throw out and all that included. Also, I dont want the rig to be sitting in the garage all spring so should I just order a new flywheel now with it or should I expect that it can be resurfaced once all taken apart? Thanks guys.

2. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Lots of opinions, but I've always had good luck with CCOT and I know they sell complete kits. The flywheel is an unknown until you open it up. Good Luck.

3. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Not resurfacing the flywheel when changing out the driven disk and the pressure plate, is not a very good idea, and akin to doing something half assesd. Any engine/machine shop worth a hoot, will have a flywheel resurfacer, just be aware that it is a stepped flywheel, and not cutting both surfaces will lead to premature disc failure from a lessened clamping force.

Good luck!

-Steve

4. Outback

Outback

www.CarolinaClutch.com

Your '69 won't show up on their search engine, but call them and tell 'em what you need -- they'll have it, the 3-finger style pressure plate setup.

I got my clutch from them for my '72 FJ40 and have had no complaints at all. Infact, I intend to order another one soon since I'm going to swap in a 4 speed.

Jody.

5. fjcruiser

fjcruiser

Have you checked your local parts dealer, NAPA? I think you can get all of the parts, except the flywheel through them. They can usually resurface the flywheel as well. They usually sell a "clutch kit", including the throw out bearing, pressure plate, clutch disk and alignment tool.