Clutch

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by DenverCruiser, Mar 9, 2004.

1. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

OK well I can now get a new clutch for my 69' with stock three speed. Where should I get one? CCOT, Spector, JT........? I obviously want the throw out and all that included. Also, I dont want the rig to be sitting in the garage all spring so should I just order a new flywheel now with it or should I expect that it can be resurfaced once all taken apart? Thanks guys.

2. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Lots of opinions, but I've always had good luck with CCOT and I know they sell complete kits. The flywheel is an unknown until you open it up. Good Luck.

3. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Not resurfacing the flywheel when changing out the driven disk and the pressure plate, is not a very good idea, and akin to doing something half assesd. Any engine/machine shop worth a hoot, will have a flywheel resurfacer, just be aware that it is a stepped flywheel, and not cutting both surfaces will lead to premature disc failure from a lessened clamping force.

Good luck!

-Steve

4. Outback

Outback

www.CarolinaClutch.com

Your '69 won't show up on their search engine, but call them and tell 'em what you need -- they'll have it, the 3-finger style pressure plate setup.

I got my clutch from them for my '72 FJ40 and have had no complaints at all. Infact, I intend to order another one soon since I'm going to swap in a 4 speed.

Jody.

5. fjcruiser

fjcruiser

Have you checked your local parts dealer, NAPA? I think you can get all of the parts, except the flywheel through them. They can usually resurface the flywheel as well. They usually sell a "clutch kit", including the throw out bearing, pressure plate, clutch disk and alignment tool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.